Do all the Game Threads Annoy Anyone else?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SophiaGrace

Or is it just me?

THey seem to clog up the View Today's Posts page.

I don't want to see the game threads. I want actual threads...

No, I don't feel that way at all. Good thing there are so many other threads so that we can find something that appeals to each of us.

I know there is an option for phpbb boards to have section filters so people can decide not to list various sections, but I am not sure if it is enabled on this one.

Hmmmmm....game threads annoying.....BC partaking of game threads.....

YESSSSSSSSSSSS- I'm annoying. :D

Lonely in BC said:
Hmmmmm....game threads annoying.....BC partaking of game threads.....

YESSSSSSSSSSSS- I'm annoying. :D

I don't take note of who takes part in them.

You're safe.

Limlim said:
I know there is an option for phpbb boards to have section filters so people can decide not to list various sections, but I am not sure if it is enabled on this one.

I would totally edit out the game section if i could...

lol....no, since i partake in this particular activity in ALL. :)

i find it an amusing, easy way to connect with others in a light, jovial way.
there have been times when i have come on here feeling down and end up feeling my mood lift because of the banter in the games...there are some very funny, cool people here in ALL that participate in these game threads.

so. no.

to each his/her own. sorry you experience that.

I find them pretty fun. never see such game thread in other forums i participate.

SophiaGrace said:

They annoy the hell out of me and they're beginning to invade the general chat area too. Some days it feels like they're the only reason this place exists.

Col.

It doesn't bother me..then again, the games are the main reason I come to ALL. There are a lot of important issues related to loneliness that are addressed here - but there are also some of us who want to connect with other people and the games are a way to do that.

hehe, this thought had crossed my mind just the other day. game threads on forums used to drive me mad. couldnt stand them really. but on this site for some reason it doesnt bother me.
maybe its because i figure people are looking for ways to combat the feelings that brought them to this place and whatever entertains them cant be all bad.

Out of all the threads on this forum the game ones are the least annoying. They give even the shyest of people something to do until they feel comfortable enough to make an actual post. Most game threads surge for awhile then drop off and you rarely see them. When there isn't much going on people are going to want to find something to do to be involved in the community, the game threads give members that.

Lol of course the people that play them like them...

Its just annoying to see them clog up the list when I want to participate in other threads. They may serve a purpose for others, just not my purpose.

Also yeah the game threads would be liked by mods. There is no arguing in them.

Apparently two people besides me out of 13 posters in this thread agree with me. I'm in the minority here.

Limlim said:

Does anyone know how to do this, or if this is an option?

They do sometimes make up a number of topics. But they don't really bother me. I don't post in most of them.

SophiaGrace said:
Or is it just me?

THey seem to clog up the View Today's Posts page.

nope, you aren't the only one to feel that way.

SophiaGrace said:
Lol of course the people that play them like them...

Its just annoying to see them clog up the list when I want to participate in other threads. They may serve a purpose for others, just not my purpose.

So because they don't fit your purpose they shouldn't exist? I'm sorry, I like you Sophia but that sounds so selfish. There are threads I don't like and being a mod I could easily shut them down, other people enjoy them, and that would be an abuse of power to do something like that. I don't go complaining about them or go into them and make smart remarks. I just ignore them.

Also yeah the game threads would be liked by mods. There is no arguing in them.

Seeing as that I am the only mod who posted here I have to tell you just how wrong that statement is. I participated in those game threads long before I became a moderator. They never bothered me before then either.

Sci-Fi said:
... I participated in those game threads long before I became a moderator. They never bothered me before then either.

As did it, and i ignored the ones that didn't interest me. Not all threads are expected to be of interest to everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back