Social Victory Today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlayingSolo

Reaction score
So there's this one guy at school who's been in quite a few of my math classes over the last year. Right now we have 3 classes together. I think he realizes I'm sort of a loner. I don't really talk to many people, but I'm almost always somewhere In the math building when I'm at school, so I see him and the group he hangs out with quite a bit. He's gone out of his way to speak to me a few times since I've known him. Although due to a slightly awkward moment between us a while back, I thought he had distanced himself from me.

But today, I was sitting at a table in the math tutoring center, with headphones in my ears, and doing homework. Him and his friends had been chatting at another table for quite a while (like they always do). Next thing I know, most of them get up to leave (i didn't really realise this, I was busy working) and he comes over to me and taps on my table to get my attention. I take the head phones out of my ears and he says "hey, want to join the math club?". I was kind of shocked, didn't know what to say. I managed a "sure" and he tells me there's a meeting about to start in another room for those who want to join, and he invites me to attend.

And so I went. And moreso, before the meeting started they had everyone introduce and say a bit about them themselves. And I did that too. So I've officially joined my first club. I'm pretty happy. I was thinking about joining the math club for a while now, but didn't really want to ask. Who knows, I may actually make some friends (finally).

We'll see how this goes.

Congratulations. That's great news. I love math. I have my BS in math. I want my PHD. Is this your bachelors? Masters? PHD?

A club is a great way to socialize and make friends. I'm so happy for you.

clapping_smiley_emoticon.gif

Good for you, that's great.

Latest posts

Back