How do I meet someone like me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmonman

Reaction score
I would really like to meet a nice girl who is shy like me, because I feel like I would have a stronger connection with someone like that. I have known girls who are really hyper and energetic, which might be great for some, but I just don't think it's my cup of tea. But how can I meet someone who is like that? I suspect that type of person, even if they also wanted to meet someone, wouldn't be out looking. I've never been in a relationship before so I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. And is there anyone here who can relate to this?

If you are going to go for a shy girl, you are going to have to make the first move - and be prepared ahead of time with topics and things to talk about the first couple times you take her out (or else you risk those awkward silences). I see you are 19, so the best place to meet girls would be in school - if you're not going to school right now, sign up for classes, preferably classes where the class is involved (think like art classes, etc.). You can also get involved in groups that involve things that interest you, so at least you will have an "icebreaker" to approach women with.

I will say, though, that you shouldn't close the door on outgoing girls. I used to be a little on the shy side, until I started dating a very outgoing woman (she would strike up a conversation with strangers while walking down the street), and we got along great - I didn't need to do much talking, because she would always have something to say. It was actually easier than trying to date someone shy because I didn't constantly feel the pressure of having to come up with conversation topics. It also made me a little more outgoing. But, to each their own.

Either way, good luck

By chance, I just noticed your post in the new people's forum. Here's an idea - see if that female friend of yours has any friends she will set you up with. When I was about 18, I was in a similar situation with a girl that I thought was out of my league - I had her set me up with a friend of hers - her friend and I didn't work out, but somewhere along the line the girl I thought was out of my league developed a thing for me (admittedly, I was young and stupid and didn't pick up on the most obvious signs - here's the story if you're interested http://www.alonelylife.com/thread-ladies-how-do-you-show-you-are-interested?pid=409767#pid409767 ) Anyway, even if you are forever in the friendzone with your friend, she can still help you find a romantic partner.

Salmonman said:
I would really like to meet a nice girl who is shy like me, because I feel like I would have a stronger connection with someone like that. I have known girls who are really hyper and energetic, which might be great for some, but I just don't think it's my cup of tea. But how can I meet someone who is like that? I suspect that type of person, even if they also wanted to meet someone, wouldn't be out looking. I've never been in a relationship before so I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. And is there anyone here who can relate to this?

yes I went years and years trying to find a shy girl. In the end I gave up !

I would look for all kinds of girls, don't restrict yourself to shy ones !

theraab said:
putter65 said:

Putter,

You make it easy for me to keep a promise:

http://www.alonelylife.com/thread-big-girls?pid=415903#pid415903

So, when you say "I would look for all kinds of girls", is that what you mean?

tell you what if you want to be like that !

fresia YOU CUNTS , ALL OF YOU !
GO GET messed, ALL OF YOU !
DO YOU THINK I NEED A honeysuckle HOLE PLACE LIKE THIS WITH ALL YOU ******* CUNT LOSERS ! fresia OFF !

anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Going back to the topic, I do relate, I don't have anything too helpful to say.... I think sometimes there should be some kind of computer that sorts people according to their personality, I believe that wouldn't be nice for most people but I it would help me...

I'll tell ya where to go Chief. Either church or the library.

putter65 said:
theraab said:
putter65 said:

Putter,

DO YOU THINK I NEED A honeysuckle HOLE PLACE LIKE THIS WITH ALL YOU ******* CUNT LOSERS ! fresia OFF !
*Removed by poster.*

@Felix: Yeah, that would be quite helpful, but that's getting dangerously close to mechanical overlords...

@kamya: It's just an image you can get online. Search it's title and quite a few of those.

@LoneKiller: Well you won't be finding me inside a church; holy stuff burns my skin; But as for your suggestion of a library, I had honestly never thought of that and it makes loads of sense.

Because shy girls are introverted and don't express their feelings well (in my experience, anyway...) I would think you'd be more apt to find shy girls participating in the arts, reading, writing, visual art, music, etc. as those are common forms of release. So libraries are definitely a good idea...I don't know what kind of hobbies you have, but a fine arts/painting class or pottery lesson might bring you some results. The key is you don't want just a shy girl, but a well-adjusted shy girl. So it's always good to find a girl with a hobby. The last thing you want is a shy girl who sits behind her computer hating the world because they don't understand her (and she won't let them)!

heh, i was gonna say that online would be a good place to find such a person.
ive met a few of them myself. If I was single that is a place I would start to look.
I find it much easier to get to know the inner person and skip the superficial aspects off the start.

putter65 said:
theraab said:
putter65 said:

Putter,

That was a mature response......

Latest posts

Back