I found this site... I guess a new low in my life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jamesey

By now, after reading all the titles and some sentences I think what we all have in common is that one day or night as is the case for me we were so lonely we decided to search "I'm lonely or I'm so lonely" on google or yahoo or w/e and wow.... we all ended up here.

I dont know what's funnier: there being a cyber community of lonely people or the fact that I'm one of them.

Well, I'm not gonna lie. I am lonely. I'm so lonely, I think I have so many great things going for me yet I can't find someone to share my life with. Instead, I share my nights online and from time to time my fleshlight "Agnes".

I wish I could meet someone to connect with. Sometimes I cry at night just because I'm so lonely and I'm 21, that makes it even more sad. Anyway, I'm gonna move on now.

haha, I truly enjoy your wicked sense of humor. You, I guarantee, won't be lonely for long. Loneliness is strange, I used to be so plagued by it that I once tried to take my life, and on many occasions came close. I was so incredibly desperate for connection that I feared I would fall at the feet of whomever gave me a moment - yet I was so incredibly picky that the right girl or boy never seemed to come along - I hadeverything going for me, looks, career, manners, wit, etc....yet, I despised myself somewhere deepdown. Eventually, after loads of "self improvement crap" I grew up a bit, finally began  to make friends - now here I am. I have budding friendships, the "perfect" mate (who still manages to get on my last nerve), etc. yet I find myself in that lonely spot - no longer desperate, just  sort of----dissapointed. All that pain, all that struggle only to learn that my relationship with myself will be the most satisfying I will ever have.  But, i suppose I would never have learned that had I never taken the risks, given up on my self pity and toughed the waters to make life happen. I would still be in bed, shaking, crying, fearing the world and my disconnected and seeming eternal hell. Now I know I like people, I CAN connect, I AM just as worthy...and that I DON"T owe anyone anything.  Now I can finally rest. I can rest a little, laugh a little at the loneliness I feel.

My biggest wish is for people to brave the waters, to learn that our fears are illusions, that people do understand us, that there is humor in the pain...and most importantly that we do atract our pain to us for reasons we may not be ready to understand.

Cheers on this unusually balmy Saturday night.

obkb said:
My biggest wish is for people to brave the waters, to learn that our fears are illusions, that people do understand us, that there is humor in the pain...and most importantly that we do atract our pain to us for reasons we may not be ready to understand.

One of the major probelm we face is our insecurity, our insecurity drives people mad and makes are replusive i think. I have a wonderful friend at the moment and sometiems i get so anonnying and in the end she would yell at me in frustration. But we are still good friends she still cares for me but i feel that if i continue to be insecure about everything i would drive her away something i would not want. Our insecurity is cause by our illusion that nobody likes us, really tough.

Anyway have a great day

at least we have each other to share our pain thats a good thing....it brings comfort to my heart to know i,m not the only one.....

obkb said:
haha, I truly enjoy your wicked sense of humor. You, I guarantee, won't be lonely for long. Loneliness is strange, I used to be so plagued by it that I once tried to take my life, and on many occasions came close. I was so incredibly desperate for connection that I feared I would fall at the feet of whomever gave me a moment - yet I was so incredibly picky that the right girl or boy never seemed to come along - I hadeverything going for me, looks, career, manners, wit, etc....yet, I despised myself somewhere deepdown. Eventually, after loads of "self improvement crap" I grew up a bit, finally began  to make friends - now here I am. I have budding friendships, the "perfect" mate (who still manages to get on my last nerve), etc. yet I find myself in that lonely spot - no longer desperate, just  sort of----dissapointed. All that pain, all that struggle only to learn that my relationship with myself will be the most satisfying I will ever have.  But, i suppose I would never have learned that had I never taken the risks, given up on my self pity and toughed the waters to make life happen. I would still be in bed, shaking, crying, fearing the world and my disconnected and seeming eternal hell. Now I know I like people, I CAN connect, I AM just as worthy...and that I DON"T owe anyone anything.  Now I can finally rest. I can rest a little, laugh a little at the loneliness I feel.

I know that the most important relationship i'll ever have is the one with myself, and that in order to truly be happy i have to love who i am first, before trying to change other things.  
I also know that we attract our own pain or sadness.   The "law of attraction" is apparently quite real... if we are constantly thinking negative thoughts or thinking about things we DON'T want, those thoughts will come to life.  We attract what we think about, whether it's something we WANT or we DON'T want, and apparently simply changing our thought pattern can change our lives.
But, it's difficult to change the way we think.  Sometimes people get into a rut where everything feels like it's spinning out of control.  Thinking "positively" is quite difficult in those moments.
I'm doing my best to stay positive and use the law of attraction as best as I can.  I am trying to realize how much potential I have and that these feelings of loneliness can go away.  But it's hard.

You seem to have gone through some similar things that I'm currently facing... i have everything going for me, and yet i just can't seem to be happy with my life or my self.  
Thank you for sharing your experience.  Maybe we can chat sometime.

Hi Jamesey.

I googled about loneliness and heard about this site.

It's not really that pathetic--studies show that particularly in North America people are more lonely than they were in past decades. The decline of the family, people having to commute so much these days, busy jobs, bad economy, all this technology makes it impersonal and we feel like we are sealed in lonely plastic bubbles all day. It's soooo hard to make friends, at least for some people.

PS the fleshlight thing was gross. Don't go around talking about that to strangers, at least not in real life--that's my suggestion!

:-/ no one knows about it in real life... trust me. I only mention it here because no one really knows me here unless maybe if one of you is some big-ass hacker who can track someone's IP and infiltrate their computer..... then that would be a different story :p
By the way I just realized you made tonsa posts wow!!! that's incredible.

Latest posts

Back