Why I say "fresia online dating"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unwanted94

Reaction score
The other day, I was sitting on the couch in silence...thinking. I began to ponder about my view of life and whether or not it is pessimistic, realistic or neither. I thought "Perhaps I should try being more positive." So what do I do? I decide to make an account on a dating website. Silly me for thinking things would be different. It was literally the exact same ol' bullshit.
Everyone just seems so ******* shallow on these goddamn websites. What's up with that? I really do not get it. These people are supposedly looking for a mate (which I doubt. Most just want sex), yet... no one will reply to any messages? I [undefined=undefined]used [/undefined]to message random people all the time some years ago. The last few accounts I've made recently, I've just sat back.... and waited. Of course;nothing.

The pictures I have used on these sites have been rather decent in my opinion. It doesn't matter how attractive one may be. It doesn't mean you can't be alone and that you won't be rejected. So my final words:fresia online dating. :D It isn't worth the hassle.

a lot of the women on those websites are married, happily divorced, or otherwise NOT INTERESTED in dating (this is what i have heard. i have never joined one.) many of those same women are there for two reasons:

- to make men pay (for the sins of those who came before them)
- to get validation and attention (from potential suitors whom they have no intention of dating)

unfortunately, the women that are legitimately trying to find someone are obscured by the idiots in the lot.

again, i don't know this by experience. but i've done enough reading to know that any of those FREE dating websites are a disaster waiting to happen.

if you really want to find someone online, i would consider like matchmaker or eharmony or something like that.

not plenty-of-fish for the love of God.

Yeah, it was pof (plentyoffuckery) too. How'd you guess? After I deleted my account for the 7th goddamn time, I finally went and read other people's experiences on the site,and everyone else was saying the same thing. So I don't feel as bad as before, but still. I never knew the free online dating sites were that shitty though, but I've finally realized it. Thank goodness I did too.
I would try eharmony or matchmaker, even though those cost, but I would only expect the same bullshit. That's not to say I wouldn't give it a try though.

Unwanted94 said:
Yeah, it was pof (plentyoffuckery) too. How'd you guess? After I deleted my account for the 7th goddamn time, I finally went and read other people's experiences on the site,and everyone else was saying the same thing. So I don't feel as bad as before, but still. I never knew the free online dating sites were that shitty though, but I've finally realized it. Thank goodness I did too.
I would try eharmony or matchmaker, even though those cost, but I would only expect the same bullshit. That's not to say I wouldn't give it a try though.

yeah dating sites are a waste of time. I recently split with my g/f and joined a dating site, but after putting up some good pics, writing a good profile and messaging lots of women...i got no responses.

match.com it was. Waste of Money. Tbh i think the paid ones are worse than the free ones because the paid ones have less active women. Why would a woman pay for a dating site when she gets lots of attention on the free sites?

I found one successfully on Okcupid, before they completely changed their look to copy facebook... and well it completely ruined my life. Unless they changed things, its still free. So you can make a profile, define who you are and what you're looking for with a lot of detail, answer a few thousand tests, and maybe after a few years you'll get lucky. Maybe sooner...

Then you got long distance, most likely, and unless one of you is willing to make a permanent relocation, that ain't gonna work out. She will miss her friends and family, go back home to visit, and that will turn into staying home. Then she'll play you for another half year to get her stuff back, and all the while she'll be cheating. Plus you'll spend a lot of money on travel for dates and visits and shipping...

Now a lot of these sites are outright scams... I even found one where you join for free, no charge they say, but once you fill out a big profile, its $30 a month to talk to anyone... Then they make fake matches that are always online. They have a bunch of fake accounts message you, send you sexy pics, the whole nine yards, but once you join... they never respond. Then you meet no one. Glad I didn't pay them, but thats what I found when I looked them up... The price is jacked up because they pay some guy to review every change to every profile to make sure you don't post any personal information...

I guess I'll have to rephrase my words to "Why I say "fresia POF.com" because match.com seems pretty good so far...

Unwanted94 said:
The other day, I was sitting on the couch in silence...thinking. I began to ponder about my view of life and whether or not it is pessimistic, realistic or neither. I thought "Perhaps I should try being more positive." So what do I do? I decide to make an account on a dating website. Silly me for thinking things would be different. It was literally the exact same ol' bullshit.
Everyone just seems so ******* shallow on these goddamn websites. What's up with that? I really do not get it. These people are supposedly looking for a mate (which I doubt. Most just want sex), yet... no one will reply to any messages? I [undefined=undefined]used [/undefined]to message random people all the time some years ago. The last few accounts I've made recently, I've just sat back.... and waited. Of course;nothing.

The pictures I have used on these sites have been rather decent in my opinion. It doesn't matter how attractive one may be. It doesn't mean you can't be alone and that you won't be rejected. So my final words:fresia online dating. :D It isn't worth the hassle.

what annoys me is when women say 'where are the genuine men ? or 'where are the honest men ?' or 'wanted good, decent man'

it's best not to let it get to you.

I can sort of see what you're saying. I joined a Free Online Dating Site once. Obviously I looked for Girls over Guys. But I wasn't looking for a relationship. A lot of them turned out to be the same. They said on their profiles that they were looking for genuine, nice people. They said that they were looking for good conversation and cared more about personality over looks. That didn't explain why a number of them didn't want to know me, before we'd even spoke. That said, it might have been because at the time, I had no photo of me on the site. All photos uploaded took a day or two to be checked. Also, the first thing I wrote on my profile probably wasn't the best thing to write. I said that I was a pirate from the future x]

All in all, I keep away from Dating Sites. I only tried in the first place to see what they're like. I'd probably still use the same site I joined just to chat to people, had it not deleted my account due to inactivity. Ah well. I think you have to be lucky on these sites, as you do in the real world. If you don't have luck with a number of people, don't let it effect you negatively. Just carry on~

I joined a few because my brother and a few others told me to.

It's not gone my way but at least I gave it a go !

There's many things wrong with those online dating sites, but I think that most people think that because there's that many people on them that they can find their 'perfect' match.

Alot of people find long lasting relationships online, it's a convenient way to meet people you know from the off are available and gives you at least an idea of what interests them. Still takes time and patience though just like any other method of dating. If people want to just find someone like minded for a casual relationship that's their business to be honest. There always seems to be a very disapproving attitude toward casual relationships on ALL. Who cares if they are both getting what they want. Live and let live etc...

But isn't it similar to real life, there's jewels out, there's trash, and there's people in between?

I've met more than a few girls online, but not through dating sites. One made a permanent relocation and its still going well.

Quite a few women on POF say they won't date a man under a certain height. For example 5 foot 8.

I suppose it's okay for them to say it, unlike when I said I don't like 'big' women !

IgnoredOne said:
I've met more than a few girls online, but not through dating sites. One made a permanent relocation and its still going well.

I met my girlfriend online too, on this site in fact. :)

putter65 said:
Quite a few women on POF say they won't date a man under a certain height. For example 5 foot 8.

I suppose it's okay for them to say it, unlike when I said I don't like 'big' women !

You can say whatever you want, and accept the consequences of saying whatever you want.

IgnoredOne said:
putter65 said:

You can say whatever you want, and accept the consequences of saying whatever you want.

Idk...what it is about me...Some women just fines me irresistable
no matter what i say, do or go...:p

hot3.jpg

The Good Citizen said:
IgnoredOne said:

I met my girlfriend online too, on this site in fact. :)

glad for you :)

I hate it when women write 'say more than 'hi' in your message. Be interesting' - it's like your beneath them or something. Your not worthy of their attention. It's an awfull, awfull place.

IgnoredOne said:
putter65 said:

I will have to read that a few times before I understand it !

Latest posts

Back