Experiencing more support and friendliness lately and it feels good

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyYogi

Reaction score
Hi. I am feeling grateful because I've been experiencing more friendliness, support, love and even fun lately.

I am not sure what is causing the change but what I've been doing for some time now is thanking the universe for ANY friendliness, caring, support love that comes my way and also being thankful when I can be that for others as well (In fact I like being this way for others it takes my mind off of my problems). It doesn't matter how small it is...for if you say "yes" to even the small gestures from anyone or anything, you open the door for more good (well, that is the theory).

So anytime I would experience some positive interaction with others, I'd remember it at the end of the day and give thanks for that little bit of caring, conversation or fun no matter how small.

Lately, I've been experiencing much much more than usual. Here and there just conversation and support. I am often surprised how it shows up for I don't have a regular job that puts me in situations around others.

I now have a neighbor friend. This is totally new for me. She is a great lady. We are working on parking issues and we are having fun working on this goal together. We've socialized and I've loved it. My dogs love it, too. I guess it started when I asked her if she could walk my dogs for a bit of money. It started there. Now she supports me in all kinds of ways. We won't be best friends...but we are definitely supportive of each other. She texts me a lot. She is very fun and interesting. Not perfect but fun and interesting.

I also started volunteering and I noticed everytime I volunteer, I almost always met someone I knew and chit chatted with. One day I even made a new acquaintance where we even exchanged numbers and decided to join a book club together.

Almost everyday I am meeting someone and having some kind of conversation. Well, maybe not everyday but it's happening so much more. I don't really feel isolated anymore. Maybe it's also a change in consciousness.

I like feeling more whole. : )

HappyYogi said:
I am feeling grateful

This made me smile before I even read any further! We all should be grateful for something, I think sometimes we forget to focus on what we have and instead focus on what we don't have.

I love that you are very positive here and that not only are you loving the friendliness, support and conversation etc but you are also enjoying giving it back to others.

Volunteering is a great way to meet new people but is also a great way to give back to the people and gain new skills/experience. It also helps build your self esteem.

I hope this continues for you. Stay positive and I wish you all the best.

Wonderful! I love hearing stories like this on the forum! :D

Keep doing whatever it is you're doing to make more friends and get more support. :)

It is great that you are so positive and being so is obviously providing results already ;)

Latest posts

Back