How Important Is Forgiveness To You In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Personally, I feel that forgiveness is very important in life. We all make mistakes that we are truly sorry for and feel bad for the wrong we did to another person. To ask for forgiveness from someone means that you think enough of them as a person to apologize and make it up to them.

I consider myself to be a forgiving person for almost everything. That's why it ******* pisses me off when I do some small little thing, feel bad about it, then ask the person I offended to forgive me and they refuse to do so. I know someone isn't obligated to forgive me. It's just the principle. Holding grudges over stupid little things is ridiculous. Grudges are for wrestlers and children.

How important do you feel forgiveness is in life?

i try to practice forgiveness

i think it still do

i have pretty much stopped practicing forgetting though

fool me once, shame on you

fool me twice, shame on me

i pretty much have a zero tolerance policy

and forgiveness is a slight step away from self-defense

Forgiveness does not exist. Never say sorry with the intent of wanting forgiveness, it won't be given to you.

SophiaGrace said:
Forgiveness does not exist. Never say sorry with the intent of wanting forgiveness, it won't be given to you.

i respectfully disagree.

i do believe that forgiveness exists.

i have truly forgiven the man that terrorized my family and beat me for the better part of my childhood.

i accept him as a flawed human being just like the rest of us. he had his own cross to bear, his own weaknesses in life, his own crappy hand dealt, etc.

i will never forget, but i have forgiven.

at times i need to remind myself though.

i think its important. but i also think it gets abused. there are those that think they will be forgiven no matter what they do when it comes to life in general and where they will be going after it. thats a pretty scary thought to me.

I end up forgiving everyone for anything. I only ever really get upset in the first place because I'm angry. I feel more like honeysuckle when I DON'T forgive anyone, even for the small stuff. -.-
Although I feel I deserve it so that's probably why I'm so quick to forgive. -.-

I don't expect to be forgiven, myself, though.
People have their reasons for what they do, SOMETHING must be/have went wrong and it couldn't be just their fault - is the way I think of it. -.-
Only person I don't forgive is myself. -.-

most important thing about forgiveness: one has to learn to forgive her/himself too.
forgiving yourself might be more important than forgiving others.

I think it's important to know when to "not forgive"...

Sometimes there is no choice but to leave behind people who abuse your trust. There are people I wish I had left behind sooner.

I am Canadian.
we say sorry for everything and the first to accept the blame and ask for forgiveness. lol
accepting the oppolgy and giving forgiveness is then mandantory.
I think it's in our consitution!

;)

Very important. Not doing so will only put weights on your own shoulders.

Forgiveness, like mercy, must be earned. The will of Nemesis judges. Most don't deserve a second chance.

I can forgive, but never forget. Forgiveness is very important to me, though.

I've forgiven people in the past, just not to hold a grudge or let old ones go. But I've found things like forgiveness to be meaningless, especially when the person is a repeat offender. If you ask for forgiveness and get it, you better **** well not do it or something else to have to ask for it again. Because then it just becomes another way of people using you. They know you'll keep forgiving them so they really never learn. I'm talking about important things too, not little ones where it's used in place of saying sorry.

Latest posts

Back