**** motivation and bad weather!? help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
I have a feeling that bad weather is making me feel bored and depressed, what i wanna ask is how can i force myself to continue to study and workout but feel good even though i ain't motivated at all?

Bad weather can have tremendous influence on a person. Some people are so down about bad weather that they cry. With respect to working out and studying you must summon the motivation from the inner you. Try looking at the positive aspects of working out and studying.

I lift weights myself, I study martial arts, and study the Bible. Doesn't sound very exciting does it? The list below is what motivates me and keeps me motivated.

1. I'm physically stronger.
2. I have endurance.
3. I've gained self respect and confidence.
4. I feel safer walking down the street at all hours of the night.
5. Every time I open the Bible, I learn something new.
6. Others respect me for my achievements.
7. Because some of the passages in the bible are difficult to understand, I have to focus more then usual while reading to grasp it. This focus makes lighter reading much easier.
8. All of this allows me to set certain goals, and when I achieve them, it feels awesome!

It's a very good feeling when you start to see the results of your work. This is the key to keep on pushing more. Learn more, and get even more results. Once you feel how good it is to see these results, your motivation will kick into overdrive.

Love yourself, respect yourself, challenge yourself, then congratulate and praise yourself. You will transform into a well oiled machine of success and courage.

The hardest part is getting started. Keep to a schedule, and you'll be glad for having had to conquer obstacles but yet sticking to it.

Bad weather influences me negatively as well. I don't know if it can work for you too, but here's how i face it:
1. I turn on the lids of my windows, to stop seeing that miserable weather.
2. I put on music that cheers me up, and preferably has to do with summer.
3. I feel better and concentrate.
Hope this helps :p

My job basically involves me not working, when the weather sucks. Which is kinda cool, since I'm not up for it usually.

I'm a client-based landscaper. When it rains or is hurricane-force winds, I can't work, for fairly obvious reasons.

Latest posts

Back