Do you agree?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and ignorance is bliss is one of the most cop out excuses ever. Actually three I also hate when people say whatever.

That one is similar to "the ends justify the means". Too right-wing for my personal taste...

The Geneva conventions may disagree with the alls fair in war bit.

No. Just because bad things happen or people do bad things during love or war does not make them fair or permissible.

BrokenInside said:
"Everything is fair in love and war"
Do you guys agree with this?

I've always thought it's a bit of a silly phrase to be honest.

In war there are moral conventions that you adhere to. Even if you're fighting some sort of behind-the-scenes war of underhanded espionage, I think there have to be ethical boundaries that you can't really cross to maintain the moral high ground.

This is why there is (rightfully so, in my opinion) a large fuss whenever it's revealed "civilised" countries are actually allowing the torture of prisoners via proxy.

I don't know much about romantic love, so I can't really comment there. But frankly, if someone believes feeling attraction to someone entitles them to treat others poorly, that person is generally a gardenia of significant proportions :rolleyes:

TheSolitaryMan said:
BrokenInside said:
"Everything is fair in love and war"
Do you guys agree with this?

I've always thought it's a bit of a silly phrase to be honest.

In war there are moral conventions that you adhere to. Even if you're fighting some sort of behind-the-scenes war of underhanded espionage, I think there have to be ethical boundaries that you can't really cross to maintain the moral high ground.

This is why there is (rightfully so, in my opinion) a large fuss whenever it's revealed "civilised" countries are actually allowing the torture of prisoners via proxy.

I don't know much about romantic love, so I can't really comment there. But frankly, if someone believes feeling attraction to someone entitles them to treat others poorly, that person is generally a gardenia of significant proportions :rolleyes:
This.
A thousand times over.

Yes. I believe it to be true. Do I wish it was that way? No. Do I accept the blame for it being that way? No. However, the fact still remains that if you are the only one playing by a set of rules in any dealings with another (be it love or war), you have handicapped yourself and sealed your fate. Love (DNA Propagation) is a battlefield.

Most people opt to adopt some sense of decorum. :rolleyes: A ruthless, vindictive, cunning person isn't very attractive in my book.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Most people opt to adopt some sense of decorum. :rolleyes: A ruthless, vindictive, cunning person isn't very attractive in my book.

You tickle my fancy. Just thought you should know that. You exhibit the perfect combination of feistiness tempered by a hesitant ability to take a good-natured ribbing. Even if you don't like it.

Essentially, you've got spunk! :D

Or moxie, maybe moxie.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Oh dear, I'm only sorry I didn't bring any gifts for you! :shy:

1047674887_sluceangry.jpg

Latest posts

Back