Thoughts of the day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shetland

Reaction score
I'll live alone, I'll work alone, I'll drink alone, I'll eat alone, I'll walk alone, I'll travel alone, I'll age alone... I'll die alone.

That is all.

Shetland said:
I'll live alone, I'll work alone, I'll drink alone, I'll eat alone, I'll walk alone, I'll travel alone, I'll age alone... I'll die alone.

That is all.

You'll suffer alone, you'll complain alone, you'll get sick alone, you'll celebrate your birthday alone, you'll watch the nba finals alone... you'll have sex alone...

Shetland have you met ohgodimlonely? Y'all should go out for a drink together and watch the nba finals together. You can sit at the bar eating nachos together and complain together about how boring basketball is and switch to the nfl. On each of your birthdays you should travel together (on foot...ie walk together) to the same bar...and drink too much and get sick together and suffer from mild alcohol poisoning together. Each year you will catch up on each others goings-on and thus age together...maybe on occasion one could crash at the others place and in a financial crisis split an apartment wand live together. Then one night in a moment of weakness you could do each other :D

That is all :D

grainofrice24 said:
Shetland have you met ohgodimlonely? Y'all should go out for a drink together and watch the nba finals together. You can sit at the bar eating nachos together and complain together about how boring basketball is and switch to the nfl. On each of your birthdays you should travel together (on foot...ie walk together) to the same bar...and drink too much and get sick together and suffer from mild alcohol poisoning together. Each year you will catch up on each others goings-on and thus age together...maybe on occasion one could crash at the others place and in a financial crisis split an apartment wand live together. Then one night in a moment of weakness you could do each other :D

Maybe we could do YOU while watching nba finals after a few beers. What up ?

grainofrice24 said:
Then one night in a moment of weakness you could do each other :D

Would you please elaborate on 'do each other?'.

Thank you.

That is all.

Do me!!! ;). But not during the nba finals...

"Do each other" means whatever you want it to ;).

But in all seriousness - I feel for ya and all the lonely folks on here. Hell im in the same boat!

I guess when I saw your posts I couldn't help but contemplate the idea of a bunch of people getting together (albeit on a web forum) and all feeling lonely....TOGETHER! Kinda back-asswards isn't it!? This forum shouldn't Be a "wallow in loneliness forum" it should be a "meet new ppl" place. The cure for loneliness is other people, so let's all try not to find reasons not to meet new people like "I'm too messed up" or "what if they don't like me" etc. and just meet people.

And it doesn't always have to be a guy meeting a girl, or vice versa (which I know is deep down what most people here want). Agree to meet at a bar and meet!!! Even if its 2 or 3 dudes...I need a good wing man! Knock back 1 or 7 beers and get to know each other...you never know what'll come of it!! (he may have a hot sister :cool: ) And ladies would it kill you to cut u some slack! :p Nobody's perfect and some of us simply can't dance (yet ;)).

Even if the person you meet is a walking butt-crack like me, at least you avoided sitting @ home and posting how lonely you are on a forum for one night.

It's 2013 almost, no shame at all in meeting people online! All the better if they're likely to be more sympathetic/nderstanding to your plight! Who's with me?!?

grainofrice24 said:

But in all seriousness - I feel for ya and all the lonely folks on here. Hell im in the same boat!

I guess when I saw your posts I couldn't help but contemplate the idea of a bunch of people getting together (albeit on a web forum) and all feeling lonely....TOGETHER! Kinda back-asswards isn't it!? This forum shouldn't Be a "wallow in loneliness forum" it should be a "meet new ppl" place. The cure for loneliness is other people, so let's all try not to find reasons not to meet new people like "I'm too messed up" or "what if they don't like me" etc. and just meet people.

And it doesn't always have to be a guy meeting a girl, or vice versa (which I know is deep down what most people here want). Agree to meet at a bar and meet!!! Even if its 2 or 3 dudes...I need a good wing man! Knock back 1 or 7 beers and get to know each other...you never know what'll come of it!! (he may have a hot sister :cool: ) And ladies would it kill you to cut u some slack! :p Nobody's perfect and some of us simply can't dance (yet ;)).

Even if the person you meet is a walking butt-crack like me, at least you avoided sitting @ home and posting how lonely you are on a forum for one night.

It's 2013 almost, no shame at all in meeting people online! All the better if they're likely to be more sympathetic/nderstanding to your plight! Who's with me?!?

we're here to tell each others how miserable and pathetic we are. it's a mutual demoralization that we keep feeding post after post. I admit I'm quite good at it though.

you'll say: "hey guys I'm feeling so down I really need to talk to someone..."

and they'll say: "don't be pathetic, just go out and see how beautiful the world is and how many beautiful people there is out there..."

as if they themselves were not people in the first place and as if you didn't know the world was beautiful.

This forum is just pathetic

man I advise you to not push it too far they might call you a revolutionary

best thing to do is tell us why you feel so lonely, we'll get you some answers

don't break the rule

OhGodImLonely said:
grainofrice24 said:

we're here to tell each others how miserable and pathetic we are. it's a mutual demoralization that we keep feeding post after post. I admit I'm quite good at it though.

and they'll say: "don't be pathetic, just go out and see how beautiful the world is and how many beautiful people there is out there..."

as if they themselves were not people in the first place and as if you didn't know the world was beautiful.

don't break the rule

I don't meant this in a condescending way, okay? You deserve more help than this forum can give to you. You should consider looking into mental health services in your area.

SophiaGrace said:
OhGodImLonely said:
grainofrice24 said:

don't break the rule

I don't meant this in a condescending way, okay? You deserve more help than this forum can give to you. You should consider looking into mental health services in your area.

LooL !

That was funny :)

SophiaGrace said:
OhGodImLonely said:

don't break the rule

Mee need mental health services?!?! Me think goods radiator long time fish - I is genius :D. And revolutionary apparently! Viva la revolution!! (methinks u also directing that comment at ohgod)

Ohgodimlonely I took a look at some of your posts and i think I have an idea of where you're coming from - and I think you probably know the solutions to your problems. But acting on them can be very scary and hard. Fear of rejection/failure can be a scary thing - but to not try because you're scared is cowardly.

There is no need to invest emotionally in someone so soon. If a bank clerk is boring who cares...they're just a bank clerk. But they may have been really nice too...you never know until you try. So have low expectations but an open mind and you will be pleasantly surprised more often.

Life is ebbs and flows, no one should blame you for being in a rut, but you have mostly yourself to blame for staying there. You seem like a decent enough person (you like heavy metal - thus you pass the grainofrice test :D) and it sounds like you've just spent to much time in ur apartment alone.

It doesn't have to be that way!!

Latest posts

Back