Your current favourite album thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Larsen B

Tell us what album you're really lovin at the moment. And tell us why too :)

I'm lovin The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground, at the moment.

It's such a chilled album when you're in the mood for it. And i don't really need to say much more than that really, it's great. It creates quite a special atmosphere i think

Here's I'm Set Free off the album

Mmm, I don't really have one at the moment. I've got about 935 albums, and I listen to them in rotations of 11 per week, so I'm usually too inundated with music to concentrate on any specific album. ><

I guess my most recent favorite album was Lupe Fiasco's The Cool, from several weeks ago.

Matt said:
Mmm, I don't really have one at the moment. I've got about 935 albums, and I listen to them in rotations of 11 per week

Hmmm, this is good work! :) You've got me licked - i think i have about 850 albums. All crap though, haha.

I don't know they band you mention, i will check at some point. You should get yourself on Rate Your Music and catalogue your stuff

Fallen

by the best band it the world duhfan 91

:D

you guys tottaly saw that coming, yes i may be a wee bit predictable, of course when I try not to be I just end up looking really hormonal

there really hasn't been an album that I've considered to like more that fallen since it came out, though there a lot of other bands i really like.

it is so great though i could listen to it 24/7 and i pretty much do. It just makes me feel so much better when i listened to it.

Like drowning your self in calm cool ocean only without the excruicating pain in your lungs.

Since i have little chance of being remebered when i'm from the world, I think it would just mean a lot of something that i loved and asscioated myself with would be remebered. Which is why I like to write their logo on school desks and talk about them all the time. Then instead of seeing one of their cds years from now, they won't say, what they hell is that? They would say, hey thats the cd thats one crazy chick kept ranting about. I hope that one day Vh1 classics would do a documentary on them, and when they mentioned the bands insanly devoted fans, they would be talking abot me.

:D

there you have it, an explaination to my obession. When I love something I mean it more than a lot of others.

^^ Lol, actually, Lupe Fiasco's a rapper. :D He's very good though. I'd imagine that even people who don't like hip hop would enjoy his music.

^ Mmm, Fallen's definitely a great album. Origin, too. Gotta love Where Will You Go?. :D

have a couple atm
Sick puppies - dressed up as life
sum 41 - chuck
sum 41 - underclass hero
senses fail - Let it enfold you
Rise against - siren sound of the counter culture

think thats more than one....

I've been listening to Karma and Effect by Seether. I like it a lot.

But I'm going to have to say that Fallen is my all time favorite CD. I like Origin, The Open Door isn't so bad, but Fallen is awesome. Unfortunately I think they cursed themselves with that name. They really have evanesced haven't they?

I also really like Fly by the Dixie Chicks, For Never and Ever and Until There's Nothing Left of Us by Kill Hannah, Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance, and Meaning in the Static by On the Last Day.

Hm, I s'ppose I'll list some of my all-time faves, since I don't really have any at-the-moment faves:

The Phantom of the Opera [Andrew Lloyd Webber]
(Miss)Understood / A BEST 2 -black- / A BEST 2 -white- [Ayumi Hamasaki]
Blink 182 / Enema of the State / Take Off Your Pants and Jacket [Blink 182]
Around the Fur / White Pony [Deftones]
The Eminem Show / The Marshal Mathers LP / The Slim Shady LP [Eminem]
What It Is To Burn [Finch]
The Rising Tied [Fort Minor]
Garbage / Version 2.0 [Garbage]
Hybrid Theory / Meteora / Reanimation [Linkin Park]
Atomic / A Place in the Sun[Lit]
Roll On [The Living End]
The Cool [Lupe Fiasco]
...And Justice For All /Master of Puppets [Metallica]
The Spirit Room [Michelle Branch]
Absolution / Origin of Symmetry [Muse]
The Black Parade / Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge [My Chemical Romance]
Illmatic [Nas]
Doolittle [The Pixies]
Fever Fever / Nice / Honeycreeper [Puffy]
A Night at the Opera [Queen]
The Bends / OK Computer [Radiohead]
Mmhmm [Relient K]
Wicked [Stephen Schwartz]
Chuck / Does This Look Infected? [Sum 41]
Mezmerize / Steal This Album! /System of a Down / Toxicity [System of a Down]
Tenacious D [Tenacious D]
Ænima[Tool]
The Low End Theory / Midnight Marauders [A Tribe Called Quest]
Unwritten Law [Unwritten Law]
Pinkerton / Weezer [Weezer]
Fever To Tell [The Yeah Yeah Yeahs]

I'm probably forgetting a ton, but meh, that's enough for now. ><

Larsen B said:
Tell us what album you're really lovin at the moment. ...

At the moment huh. I will go with The Quarter After's self titled album from 2005. They did an outstanding job of capturing the mid 60's LA sound being strongly reminiscent of groups like the Byrds and Buffalo Springfield.

My all time favorites, in no particular order:

Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album)
Weezer - Pinkerton
Weezer - (What I have heard off of the unreleased) Songs from the Black Hole
Air - Moon Safari
Air - 10,000Hz Legend
Air - The Virgin Suicides
Beck - Seachange
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
The Beatles - The Beatles (The White Album)
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Radiohead - The Bends
Ratatat - Classics

...like Matt, there are many others that I am surely forgetting. It's all really hard to choose!

For today i will go with "Vietnam Veterans - Crawfish for the Notary" an 80's neopsych group out of France. They put out some really great stuff but near as i can tell none of it has ever been reissued which is surprising considering that nearly every little garage band that ever pressed anything has been reissued at one time or another on one of the countless labels that specialize in that.

i've got a few that I like right now:

Stop, Drop and Roll by Foxboro Hot Tubs
Somewhere in the Between by Streetlight Manifesto
Everything Went Numb by Streetlight Manifesto
II by The Presidents of the United States of America
Is This It by The Strokes

Listened to the Byrds first album the other day. That can be my favorite for the next 27 hours.

The new weezer album has grown on me some, especially when you include the bonus tracks and b-sides. I still think it is sub par, but time will tell.

Antihero said:
The new weezer album has grown on me some, especially when you include the bonus tracks and b-sides. I still think it is sub par, but time will tell.

Huh, i don't think that i have ever listened to a whole Weezer album. I should do that sometime.

Antihero said:
Either the Blue Album or Pinkerton would be a great place to start.

Thanks, i will check into them.

hmm i would have to say my all time favorite album would have to be
Linkin Park -Meteroa

Groundhogs - Thank Christ For The Bomb

Latest posts

Back