Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Life With No Possibility Of Parole, Or The Death Penalty. Which Would You Choose?
(06-25-2013, 03:52 AM)Edward W Wrote: I'd do the time. Read and write. A (good) book can transport me to anywhere in time and space. So can my mind, no walls can stop that.

Im willing to bet there is only so many hours you can spend reading, only so many good books you can get your hands on and only so many hours you can spend off in la-la land. As much as i think i would love to be able to lay around and read forever, if that is all there was to do for the rest of my life, i would get bored of it. And a lack of stimulation from the outside world would dry up your imagination pretty quickly.

Another thing about prison....

Imagine locking 4 people in a room together for a week. What would happen, initally they would talk, eventually every small remark or anything negative would be the cause of massive arguments and fights. Every little action is magnified because there is nothing else to focus on. Prison is much the same. Everything that happens seems like a big deal, there is nothing else to focus on.

This is just what im told by people that have done 8-10 years in prison. I think its hard to imagine unless you've experienced it but it sounds like hell on earth to me.
I'd choose the death sentence, esp. if it were by lethal injection. I've met a few ex-cons in my life so far & after talking with them, & reading one book by a survivor of High Desert state prison in southern NV, I'm all in facor of execution. Even if I were innocent & been mistakenly convicted or railroaded by an aggressive judge & prosecutor, the death sentence would still be better than life in prison. There's a simple reason for it: A dead man is beyond feeling pain; a living man is not. And if you're sentenced to life, what remains of your life won't contain much other than fear, occasional violence, & an ocean suffering.

There's also the distinct possibility that if I were sentenced to life in prison, I'd get stabbed to death by another convict anyway....probably some new kid trying to make his rep.
illegitimus non carborundum
I would have to choose the death sentence because I couldn't wait for the rest of my natural life to be over. It would drive me crazy especially because of how impatient I can be. I would rather get it over and done with as soon as possible.
Don't Compare Yourself With Anyone Else In The World. If You Do So, You Are Insulting Yourself.

Failing Is Not Falling Down, But Refusing To Get Up.

Remain Strong. You Have A Lot To Offer.

A Strong Man Doesn't Need To Read The Future, He Makes His Own.
Like the posters above me, I'd choose the death sentence.
Well... That depends on what type of prison, could you get life with no parole in minimum security prisons? I asking because I honestly don't know... Well, in any case, I'd pick life with no parole if I can request, & be granted, solitary confinement or cell... I wouldn't have any problem with that, being that I spend most of the free time alone & not so free time wanting to be alone, lol...
Sometimes when you're crying, nobody notices your tears... Sometimes when you're worried, nobody feels your pain... Sometimes when you're happy, nobody sees your smile... But fart just one time and..................
I think I could do a few weeks in solitary confinement (actually, very weirdly, I'd like to try it) but year after year? No way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Did You Choose Avatar/Sig/Name That You Did? Hijacc 399 34,216 09-15-2019, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Diagnosed
Wink Top 5 Sanest People on Lonely Life Forums humourless 49 2,560 09-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Last Post: harper
  at the moment of your death.... Shanta 4 237 09-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Shanta
  Which ability would you choose? 9006 23 5,191 09-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
  What would you choose? pandas123 16 3,226 09-05-2019, 07:05 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
Rolleyes 20th century:Which decade would you choose? Unwanted94 9 2,726 09-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Last Post: harper
  If you can choose Zhara 27 4,940 09-05-2019, 05:52 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  What kind of person would sign up as a member for A Lonely Life Forum ? humourless 19 2,064 06-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Last Post: humourless
  The best things in life are free Enpatsu No Shakugan 22 4,811 02-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Sound of DEATH Azariah 1 424 02-17-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: IncolaVacui