What kind of jobs can I get with an AA degree?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzybutt

Reaction score
So my situation is that in 2010 I graduated with an Associates in Arts degree. Then I went to a university for a bachelors...then I dropped out and am now doing another associates in science in design at a MUCH closer school.

TO CLEAR THIS UP I'M NOT LOOKING FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN JOBS BUT HIGHER THAN MINIMUM WAGE JOBS IN GENERAL.

But in the meantime I have my associates in arts. In Graphic/Commercial arts. Like I said, I'm not looking specifically for design jobs.

What I'm looking for is part time work that actually utilizes the general degree that most students get in community college. I want to know if anyone has any experience in this?

I don't see why you would have any problem getting a "higher than minimum wage job" with an AA degree. It all depends on what you are looking for and how much you want it. Tailor your resume to the exact position that you are submitting it for. Reuse their job description in your resume...of course don't lie to much.

Why are you asking us?

Surely the schools you've attended have some sort of post-degree assistance office or something, to help you find a career path.

Not sure if you are not looking for a design job because you don't want it or don't think you can get it, BUT there other jobs at design companies and that is a good way to get your foot in the door.

JasonM said:
Not sure if you are not looking for a design job because you don't want it or don't think you can get it, BUT there other jobs at design companies and that is a good way to get your foot in the door.

Yea I guess I worded this a bit wrong. It's stress. I am looking for work related to what I study. But I'm also trying to broaden my scope so I can find work faster while I'm still in school.

As for post assistance career services, I'm not sure I've used that properly. I could look into it again.

fuzzybutt said:
As for post assistance career services, I'm not sure I've used that properly. I could look into it again.

That's probably a good idea.

Most schools WANT you to find a good job with the degree they gave you. I'm sure they could help you find something.

Badjedidude said:
Why are you asking us?

Surely the schools you've attended have some sort of post-degree assistance office or something, to help you find a career path.

Why can't he ask us too?

SophiaGrace said:
Why can't he ask us too?

He can.

But then how many members of ALL are experts in his career field? How many of us have experience in finding jobs with that degree?

OP is better off utlizing the offices and assistance already in place in his school that are specifically there for this kind of thing.

And if not that, there's always the internet... which is where most members from this site will find their information to help him anyway.

That's why.

Hell, I'll jump on the bandwagon, if anyone knows of a very well-paid position related to physics or software development, hit me up :p

perfanoff said:
Hell, I'll jump on the bandwagon, if anyone knows of a very well-paid position related to physics or software development, hit me up :p

Ask Bjarne (hello)

is it just me? or was i the only one who saw the thread title and thought.. graduates from Alcoholics Anonymus get degrees? ;)

:club:

Walley said:
is it just me? or was i the only one who saw the thread title and thought.. graduates from Alcoholics Anonymus get degrees? ;)

:club:

:D lol I think half of us would pass with honours

SophiaGrace said:
perfanoff said:

Ask Bjarne (hello)

Hey you :D

Bjarne, you heard the lady! Have a job contract to fling in my general direction? :)

Latest posts

Back