Trying to remember a movie....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

diamond-dancer

Hello....

Bit of a vague question, BUT....

I'm trying to find out the name of a movie I saw when I was a kid, and have retained a few memories from... I can't have been more than 6 or 7, so it's 15+ years old or there abouts.

I can only really remember a scene in the beginning where there are a bunch of people dressed in white robes (representing good... nuns or something), in some sort of temple with a big circular pit in the middle. Then these bad guys come in dressed in black, and throw all the good people down the pit.

The movie had a good and evil, fantasy sort of theme, but that's pretty much all I can remember.

Does this sound at all familiar to anyone? You will pretty much be my hero if you can tell me what it is....

You better fined out which one it is now are that's going to bug me, thank you very much D_D :D

Was it a kids film do you know?

Wasn't something like Troy was it? We need moor info. Think D_D

Um... there were swords.... possibly an evil witch queen.... possibly lots of running about in the dark. Hey, I was very young! One possibility is Legend starring Tom Cruise... but I haven't been able to find a copy of it, nor a description of a similar scene. It's going to bug you now Bluey? It's been bugging me my whole life! :p

What you should do is look up every movie in existence 15+ years back.

Whether you find it or not is up to your determination and will

I know what you mean about it bugging you your owl life. Me and my sister watched this christmas film when we where very young about the North poll and the place where Santa lived where being blown up bit by bit by this explosions that where happening every day from this near by company of some kind lol Me and my sis only saw it one time but always remember it and have tried to fined what film it was as we enjoyed it so much. Both mum and dad have no clue what film where on about.

And DigitxGeno what you tried was the fist thing I tried lol Am guessing D_D would have tried numerous google searches all ready.

And now I have told you about a film I don't remember lol That's going to double bug us :p

Lol my post will not be useful. But keep bugging about it and good luck in finding the right movie. Have fun though.

^^^ bugs mink ^^^ bugs her some moor lol bug ^^ bug ^^^^ bug :p^:p bug

bugging.jpg

Yes, lol bluey.

I'm not bugged at all here, you and diamond-dancer are the ones being bugged about finding the right movie. I'm just an extra here bugging *coughs* I mean wishing you guys all the best in finding it ;)

Red Sonja? I haven't watched the movie in a really long time, but Wikipedia mentions a scene similar to one you describe: a bunch of white robed priestesses being attacked by an evil queen. It doesn't mention if they get thrown down a pit, though.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Sounds interesting... doesn't sound like Legend... that was a good movie though, good book too... David Gemmell was an amazing author.

Can you recall any of the plot or the period it takes place in? Any other details?

And then there's always wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fantasy_films:1990s

Wow, a list!

Nope... I only remember those couple of things about the movie. I'm thinking I may have been younger than 6 now.

blak000 said:
Red Sonja? I haven't watched the movie in a really long time, but Wikipedia mentions a scene similar to one you describe: a bunch of white robed priestesses being attacked by an evil queen. It doesn't mention if they get thrown down a pit, though.

I did a search on Red Sonja, and it def. sounds like a pretty close match. The actual movie looks like a bit of a shocker, though. haha. Now I just have to hunt down a copy of it somewhere. Thanks so much! :)

diamond-dancer said:
Lost in the Oilfield said:
Sounds interesting... doesn't sound like Legend... that was a good movie though, good book too... David Gemmell was an amazing author.

Can you recall any of the plot or the period it takes place in? Any other details?

And then there's always wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fantasy_films:1990s

Wow, a list!

Nope... I only remember those couple of things about the movie. I'm thinking I may have been younger than 6 now.

...and then there's the 80's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fantasy_films:1980s

Some of my all time favorite films are on this list. Happy I looked it up... good luck finding your movie :)

Latest posts

Back