What is your reason for being on this site?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown123

Reaction score
Everybody has their own personal reasons for being here. My reason is I have no one to talk to and I'm bored. What's yours?

Good question. After ending a relationship eleven years long, I found myself at odds with the world I have to survive in. I originally went online looking for local self help groups and found this. An here we are...

JasonM said:
Good question. After ending a relationship eleven years long, I found myself at odds with the world I have to survive in. I originally went online looking for local self help groups and found this. An here we are...

Eleven year relationship...boy that's long. If you don't mind me asking why did it end?

Unknown123 said:
Eleven year relationship...boy that's long. If you don't mind me asking why did it end?

Not at all; it is what it is, or rather was. Love is love, but when both sides don't tend to that maintenance from both angles, it becomes indifference. Two people sitting on opposite sides of a couch watching a shared like of a television show, from miles away from one another.

JasonM said:
Not at all; it is what it is, or rather was. Love is love, but when both sides don't tend to that maintenance from both angles, it becomes indifference. Two people sitting on opposite sides of a couch watching a shared like of a television show, from miles away from one another.

I'm not going to say I understand because I don't. Much rather...I don't know what to say. Having lost that connection must have been truly sad.

monkeysocks said:
What's your story unknown123 ?

No one to talk to. I do have friends, but not friends that I could talk to about my problems lol.

You know, I find the death of passion to be a perfectly normal occurrence in relationships. I think people assume that a lack of passion is a lack of connection, but I don't see it that way. Once you've been in a relationship twenty or thirty years, and have had kids, and have raised them, etc, you're in a phase of life where dating and passion are no longer as important.

Of course, all this should be taken with a grain of salt, as I am twenty three years old, possessed of an extremely amorous nature, and am quite the dandy, if I do say so myself. :D

Oh right, I come to this forum because it is very relaxing to me. This forum is a place where I can get away from the stress of high expectations and future ambition, of which I have the portion of a BULL. :D

Wessik said:
You know, I find the death of passion to be a perfectly normal occurrence in relationships. I think people assume that a lack of passion is a lack of connection, but I don't see it that way. Once you've been in a relationship twenty or thirty years, and have had kids, and have raised them, etc, you're in a phase of life where dating and passion are no longer as important.

Of course, all this should be taken with a grain of salt, as I am twenty three years old, possessed of an extremely amorous nature, and am quite the dandy, if I do say so myself. :D

Oh right, I come to this forum because it is very relaxing to me. This forum is a place where I can get away from the stress of high expectations and future ambition, of which I have the portion of a BULL. :D

Thank you Wes - I now look forward to a future sitting like 'two book ends' at each end of the settee :D

I suppose I can take up knitting. :p lol

My sister (Naleena) invited me here when she was a new member.
She pestered me until I joined. I never intended to make a single post.
Fast forward several years....errr....I decided to hang out. :p

I signed up because I needed the company. I stayed because I made some friends here.

I joined because I was disillusioned after a break up and stayed because I met someone through the site.

What has attracted me here is practicing English. I am practicing English about 8 months up to now. It is going on well and I am happy with my effort. Of course I admit I am not perfect yet and have to continue insistent as I have done till now. I get the help of a good online dictionary often. If it wasn't I wouldn't able to read or write comments correctly. It is actually my certain assistant. Also it is not covered that I am interested in good and amazing subjects in the threads.

Wessik said:

I'm sure it is at some point, but the problem is when both parties are not alright with it, start taking up more and more activities that do not involve the other, start taking separate vacations, start caring a little less each day, etc. You just become roommates splitting the rent, but not your lives (assuming you are living together). To me it feels like the difference of living your life and just waiting it out.

Latest posts

Back