I.T. folks who want to talk shop from time to time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcolino

Reaction score
Hi all new to the group, we are not lonely we are just to smart for the rest of the world :) anyway would like to talk shop with fellow I.T. folks from time to time. I work with extreme switches, cisco asa5510 and servers etc. by the way my boss is a jerk! :) I sure hope is not on this site hehe

Extreme switches? Like the Nexus family?

I'm was a Senior Network Engineer until a few years ago when I got pushed into an Infrastructure Architect role. I'm now still doing the high end network stuff, but also am doing servers and VoIP.

I deal with the entire ASA line, as well as their ISR/ASR family. Also do stuff with SonicWALL, Brocade, F5, Riverbed, Opnet, Fluke, and Fortinet to name a few.

LonelyInAtl said:

I'm was a Senior Network Engineer until a few years ago when I got pushed into an Infrastructure Architect role. I'm now still doing the high end network stuff, but also am doing servers and VoIP.

I deal with the entire ASA line, as well as their ISR/ASR family. Also do stuff with SonicWALL, Brocade, F5, Riverbed, Opnet, Fluke, and Fortinet to name a few.

nice! folks envy me but dont realize how critical the projects are how far impacting it can be if something goes wrong. so do you like it and how many years have you been doing it? what area of atl do you live, I'm in marietta.

arcolino said:
LonelyInAtl said:

nice! folks envy me but dont realize how critical the projects are how far impacting it can be if something goes wrong. so do you like it and how many years have you been doing it? what area of atl do you live, I'm in marietta.

has to be more I.T. folks on here?

I've been in IT since I was in HS, technically. I worked at a computer store back in the mid-80s. Then in the machine room (data center) at OCS at Ga Tech. I live in NE Atlanta ITP right now.

Going back to Tech for my PhD just to say I did it...and so people have to call me Doctor then. :)

LonelyInAtl said:
I've been in IT since I was in HS, technically. I worked at a computer store back in the mid-80s. Then in the machine room (data center) at OCS at Ga Tech. I live in NE Atlanta ITP right now.

Going back to Tech for my PhD just to say I did it...and so people have to call me Doctor then. :)

your getting it done, go for yours what kind of projects do you work on from day to day?

New here, I'm mostly a Systems admin, virtualization, DFS, routers...etc I am the "I.T. Manager" of a one man shop....lol

I got a network to run between 2 XP computers so I can play Age of Empires 2 with some friends once. you guys are way ahead of me

Latest posts

Back