A Question to Girls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chikid

Reaction score
If a guy has known you for a few months and barely (if ever) talked to you, would you find it weird if he asked you out?

Basically I've worked at the same place as this girl for about 6 months now and talked to her only a couple times in those six months. Most of those conversations seemed rather awkward because it seems as if we are both attracted to one another. After a while though she just stopped coming near me because I believe I made things a little awkward for her. I'm trying to figure out if it would be weird if I asked her out to eat after work or go to lunch sometime considering I haven't talked to her much

I don't know if weird is the right word, random maybe lol. try having patience and increasing the amount of conversation you have together before you ask her out, maybe build up to it over the week. make sure when you ask her its more casual less datish lol. - while strolling by say: Hey "susie" wanna grab a bite to eat (tilt head toward door)? If she say no add : No? Suit yourself (pat your belly.) walk away smoothly -
just an idea, i've never had to ask anyone out but thats how i'd do it if i was a boy lol Good Luck!

CherrySlushie91 said:
I don't know if weird is the right word, random maybe lol. try having patience and increasing the amount of conversation you have together before you ask her out, maybe build up to it over the week. make sure when you ask her its more casual less datish lol. - while strolling by say: Hey "susie" wanna grab a bite to eat (tilt head toward door)? If she say no add : No? Suit yourself (pat your belly.) walk away smoothly -
just an idea, i've never had to ask anyone out but thats how i'd do it if i was a boy lol Good Luck!

Thanks for the response. Except I only work with her once a week and I'm already really shy. So I only have about a 4-6 hour window every week, so increasing conversation isn't really much of an option unless I ask her out. I really want to get to know her and see if me liking her is justified but I know that won't happen unless I were to ask her out

Honestly, I would be a bit wary of someone asking me out from a situation like you described - a co-worker I don't really know and who can hardly have a conversation with me.
If you can't talk to her at work, how do you think you could talk to her on a date when you know so little about her and she already behaves awkwardly around you?

Maybe it would be better to try to find a way and a reason to talk to her online first if you're so shy.

The key thing to consider is that if you're both so nervous around each other now, it's not gonna go away just because you go on a date. If anything it'll be even worse because then there's a lot more at stake.

I know it's hard but you need to build up some kind of rapport with this girl before you ask her out - doesn't have to be anything majorly intimate but I do think you both need to be a little more comfortable with the other. I can't imagine a date being too fun for either of you if you're terrified of each other.

I'm the kind of girl that if noone notices me I won't be aware of them. But I do smile and wave at people who are shy but generally don't bother them unless they give me the sign to talk to them. I'd first go with chatting online as others suggested or writing an email. :)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the responses. I feel like just trying to talk to her online would just make me look pathetic. I was thinking if I just asked her to lunch or something that would get the elephant out of the room that I obviously like her. I mean lunch is like 30 min, that is enough time to realize if there is a chance of anything else happening. If it goes well then maybe ask her to a movie and if it doesn't, well then I tried

very little chance she will say 'yes' to your offer.

I think you need to chat with her first.

It will only be weird if you cannot make her feel comfortable during the lunch. If it is just you two and it is just an awkward 30 to 60 minutes then she will not like it and you will be SOL.

Chikid said:
If a guy has known you for a few months and barely (if ever) talked to you, would you find it weird if he asked you out?

I'm not female, but my advise would be if you have not spoken extensively with her yet, a meal would likely be too forward...but people go out for coffee every day.

Well why not say "I like you! You want to make sexy time with me?"

Er.. no, I'd try and get to know her first.

FML.............................

Pretty sure she is now dating someone else in the store. Definitely quitting now because otherwise I'll be pissed off everyday when I come home from work and it will ruin me from the inside out. messed up big time on this one (sorry for my language if it offends you)

Yeah, quitting the whole job because of this seems like kind of an extreme reaction @_@

Latest posts

Back