Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School (UPDATE: 26 DEAD)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*shakes head* yeah... I seen this earlier. :\ It does..it keeps happening. And it's not limited to schools either..

Home schooling seems ideal but it can happen anywhere...at anytime.

Just saw this on the news, horrible. My mom was chocked up watching it.

Dreadful.

Is society getting or worse or is it just before any kind of technology we didn't hear about it ?

The more I see the more I feel like some of the human race are 'not human' but still animals.

We are getting much worse. We commit all these atrocities to each other and still have the audacity to turn around and question why God would allow such things to occur. We must take responsibilities for our actions in life. Not ***** and moan like some whiny little child when the consequences of our poor choices and actions occur.

I agree LK - and not attempting to turn this into a religious debate. But the more evil I see the more Christian values are screaming out to be so right. Perhaps thats why they say good always triumphs over evil, because we only wake up when faced with the bad things.

Something in society has gone wrong in many levels hasn't it.

Devastating and so senseless.

I really don't want to diminish this tragedy... because it IS a huge tragedy. I hate to see things like this happen, to see lives destroyed and so many opportunities for children just... wasted like they're nothing.

But before we begin to yell about how American society is falling apart, let's look at some other regions of the world. Somalia, anyone? Chechnya? Afghanistan? Myanmar/Burma?

We have it pretty good here in America, I think. Let's not let the few tragedies that we experience here trick us into believing that we need to overthrow what we have. YES, America always needs to strive to be better. But let's not let sensationalism rule the day, shall we? The standard police response to a shooting like this is AT LEAST five times faster than it would be in most other parts of the world. Can you imagine the amount of support that will come from charities and goodwill for the victims of this school shooting? How many already mourn for those who've lost? Several of you have mentioned that your own relatives have felt sorrow about this tragedy.

So I think it may be going too far to start yammering about American society breaking down or experiencing some huge dive into a moral hell.

Huge tragedy? Yes.

Reason to doubt American society? I don't think so.

There will always be crazies who do these sorts of things, regardless of the moral condition the rest society finds itself in.

Its a scientific fact that morales hold the fabric of society together and why the police only have to police 10 percent of the population.

monkeysox said:
Its a scientific fact that morales hold the fabric of society together and why the police only have to police 10 percent of the population.

Do you have any sources to support your "scientific facts?"

No I could find the phone number of the policeman who told me so.

I could also look it up, but don't regard anyone has to prove what they post with supporting evidence of their views or opinions or experiences.

To do so would only be like trying to force my opinions on others (which would make me selfish) instead of airing them.

So I just air them and respect others don't always share the same point of view and have their own views.

Works best by experience - but that is my opinion LOL

I am sorry this has happened, do you think guns being more readily available over there is not helping.

Yes I know you can obtain a gun illegally anyway !

monkeysox said:
I am sorry this has happened, do you think guns being more readily available over there is not helping.

Yes I know you can obtain a gun illegally anyway !

Well it's good that you know that. Because most intentional homicides with firearms in the U.S. are caused by unregistered, stolen, or black market (including illegally sold by legal gun stores) firearms. Very few guns that end up being used in crimes are legally purchased by citizens who are legally allowed to own and use guns. And here are a couple quick articles/studies/stories to read to back up what I'm saying:

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=592758#.UMuiIHaUx0w
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/procon/guns.html
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/Abstract.aspx?id=201983

Gun control doesn't really stop gun crimes. The criminals are going to have access to guns anyway; overall, gun control only prevents law-abiding citizens from acquiring firearms for sport, self-protection, etc.

Seems more of a mental health/social issue than a gun problem. Canada for example has a similar gun culture yet they don't have this massacres.

Looks to me that efforts should be directed towards reaching potencial killers... But how to do that, I have no idea. Tough situation there in USA. Certainly a very complex situation...

Killed himself. It must've been horrible what he went through, but you don't take it out on kids FFS!

I was reading the news as this story broke and followed it all day. As it seems the majority of these soulless bastards end up taking their own lives anyway, I really wish they would eliminate the massacres in the middle and just put the gun in their mouths before leaving the house.

I cannot express how deeply I hope that God has cast this devil to the lowest circle of Hell. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and the community and hope they are able to find the strength to make it through this horrific tragedy. Their grief is surely unfathomable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back