What is that one thing that makes you feel truly alive?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonM

Reaction score
I've felt the love of another, the fear of existence...and of mortality, the anxiety of uncertainty, the rage that comes with betrayal, the blind onslaught of emotions that comes with questioning one's very sanity, but somehow I am still here. Why are you? What tethers you to this bind that you can not leave?

A few years ago I bought a motorcycle; I've gotten hurt (and have the scars from it), but nothing has ever allowed me to feel more like I actually hold a place, although momentary, in existence. When I ride I could be alive or dead at any moment, as there are no certainties. I can feel something beyond myself.

You?

NY cheesecake!

But seriously, for me it's more like a lot of little things that would be insignificant to anyone else. I'm pretty easy to please, lol.

I've volunteered at the local SPCA a few times on a weekly basis. Playing with a bunch of stray/unwanted cats that may not be there the next week (either due to adoption or euthanasia) has made me very aware of the ephemeral nature of life, and yet somehow makes me feel very much alive in some strange way.

"Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more."
- William Shakespeare

Gasping for breath after a particularly hard run through some rough terrain. Your lungs are burning, your body is sweating, your pulse is racing and you feel like you’ve just conquered mother nature for the briefest of moments.

I feel alive all the time unless I get unconscious in my sleep.

I once drove a BMW M5 on the autobahn at 140 mph (225 kph) while listening to Deadmau5.

The biggest wave I surfed was close to 12 feet.

When I'm on a search-and-rescue mission.

Driving alone on the highway at night with the windows down(or the air on), going as fast as I want, blasting music, and yelling/singing as loud as I want. Everything else just fades away.

Sometimes if I know the road and I know it's straight I will turn my lights off for a bit. Drive into the black. If it's snowing it's just the black and snow.

kamya said:
Driving alone on the highway at night with the windows down(or the air on), going as fast as I want, blasting music, and yelling/singing as loud as I want. Everything else just fades away.

Sometimes if I know the road and I know it's straight I will turn my lights off for a bit. Drive into the black. If it's snowing it's just the black and snow.
:D I've done this, it does make you feel alive!!!!!

Reaching a limit and pushing through. The human heart, mind and body continue to astonish me.

Latest posts

Back