Younger, older or doesn't matter?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomTam

Reaction score
When it comes to dating, women prefer younger men, they say younger men tend to be more open-minded. Does it apply to relations? most women feel more secure with older men, but do they still wanna date younger?

I would like to hear your opinion or experience, what would be the ideal age difference for a relation to survive?

i think I would prefer women my age or maybe a touch older.

Younger ones not so much !

Younger? Not much younger.

My age range of potential partners is about 22-35.

I'm 26.

I'd go up to five years older but only three years younger than my current age of 32. I'd probably extend those ranges if I knew we got on ok but as a general rule those are what I'd stick to.

I'm actually asking that question because I had one time a relation with a girl older than me, and it didn't last for a long time because of many differences. Being causious and having fear to repeat the mistake put me in a hard loneliness situation for some years. Seeking only someone in my age or younger, limits my chances. She's either involved in a relation or looking for someone younger. A difficult equation!

I could date (or be in a relationship with) up to ten years older than myself. I wouldn't have anything to do with a person who's younger than me.

That's a tough question because I'm 37 (and recently single, Laaadddyyys!) and it seems that most people my age have settled into a stage of life that I have little interest in. I still want the adventure and passion and excitement of new experiences. So I would have to say Younger. I've been wondering how much younger would be acceptable. Not due to the actual age difference, but rather to generational gaps in shared experiences of the age. You don't have to remember what betamax was, but you would have had to been alive at least when Reagan was in office. ;)

my age range would be 35 to 60.

Im not kidding about the 60 ! lol !

I've said 25-35. Depends on the maturity level and other more important factors within a relationship. :p

I think plus or minus 5 year from my age is about a good range (I' m 41). I would consider someone up to maybe 10 years older. There has to be a spark, though, otherwise age is just a side issue.

Teresa

I prefer men older than me. Not too much older, at the most maybe 5 years? I'm sure if I was in my 40's or 50's, the man being younger than me wouldn't matter as much.

Age is just a number, there are so many more important factors to consider.

I'm in my mid thirties and I've been chatting with an amazing woman who is a member of ALL (I won't embarrass her by mentioning her name) who is only in her early 20's yet who displays a level of maturity way beyond her years and of some of the women that I work with who are in their late 20's / early 30's.

She is also very intelligent and has a great personality.

However just based on our age difference a lot of people would say 'what could they have in common?'

at the moment I would probably prefer someone a few years younger, mostly because of my lifestyle, as I usually mix with younger/younger-looking people, and maybe because I skipped a few experiences in life so I feel I have to catch up, as long as I can pull it off, I guess :p
Ultimately age doesn't matter much, just compatibility, how many interests he has, curiosity, taste for life, imagination etc. My current self-limitation is around 10 years more or less than my age, but I know people who have even 16 years of age difference between them and it works fine.

TomTam said:
When it comes to dating, women prefer younger men, they say younger men tend to be more open-minded.

Nice joke. Over here, it seems that young women ONLY date men who are at least their age, if not older. Most even are searching for men who are years older, thinking that age makes them mature...

As for older women, I can't say for sure. It surely depends how mature you are for your age... unless you are just needed as a young stud, then everything that looks fit should be okay. :p

As for me, I would prefer something between 5 years younger and 5 years older. But she should at least be over 18 and not be more than 10 years older (or younger, once I reach age 28) than me. Not that a older women would find me interesting, most are just nice, because I'm nice and respectful... as well, I'm sure I remind them of their own sons.
As for younger women, well, I would at least be happy to see at least some form of kindness and attention from them. But most are just ignoring me, unless I talk to them

OnlyMe said:
Age is just a number, there are so many more important factors to consider.

I'm in my mid thirties and I've been chatting with an amazing woman who is a member of ALL (I won't embarrass her by mentioning her name) who is only in her early 20's yet who displays a level of maturity way beyond her years and of some of the women that I work with who are in their late 20's / early 30's.

She is also very intelligent and has a great personality.

However just based on our age difference a lot of people would say 'what could they have in common?'

That's right, I also know a woman (mid 20's) as you said "who displays a level of maturity way beyond her years", as it seems she likes me, but I've been trying to avoid getting involved in a relation, just thinking of the age difference (15 yrs :D)

Three cheers for all the cougars out there. They got game and they won't to play.

Latest posts

Back