ALL Book Club: January 2013

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

flaneur

This is the discussion thread for the January selection. We will be reading Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell.

Cool, I have a fresh, untouched copy on my bookshelf. I'm happy to read it again.

Melsaldi said:
Is this book club thing still going on?

Sadly, most of them had brief bursts of enthusiasm and quickly fizzled out- I suspect a lot of it had to do with people reading at different speeds, no real firm agenda for discussion, and the lack of real-time interaction. It was a 'novel' idea (yeah, I can hear the groans and see the eyes rolling people) but lacked structue.

This place seems like a good idea:) It needs 3+ moderators (bookworms) that will be chosing the books, and discussing them regardles of popularity of this thread. And like this, people may chip in as well;) Well, hopefuly... :D

A book club isn't a bad idea.

I think to improve the real-time interaction, members would need to use something like skype. Maybe have a weekly chat about a particular chapter of whatever book everyone's reading. That would give the club a structure and a method of communication that would keep things moving.

Just my two cents.

Latest posts

Back