Lots of friends but i get deserted when parties come!?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
I have around 10 friends i hang with them everyday and 3 of them are really close and i had to change completely from a complete loner to a social person to get them. But when New year comes everyone of them goes somewhere and i got crossed by 4 of them and now i am in my house alone and it feels bad! I can't really figure how to become needy when it comes to new years party it seems i am alone at this part of the year always!

It sounds as if they all have other friends outside the group, and so maybe they are with their other friends then. If you are closer to one of them than to the others, maybe you could mention you are free at new year and would like to get together with them. Hopefully they will invite you along. If not, you could try making friends yourself who aren't in the group.

Maybe they have friends they've known for longer or family they traditionally spend time with? You could try asking them what their plans are, say it sounds interesting, and subtly invite yourself along.

Did the thought of making your own plans and inviting them along ever cross your mind? Try to not take it so personally friend. Maybe they had their own plans. Maybe they just wanted to bring in the new year alone. There are many reasons. Next time throw your own party or attend one and tell them you are attending.

Latest posts

Back