Anyone heard od TFL (True Forced Loneliness0? what do you make of it? true or false?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JustALonelyGuy

There is a thing going around Youtube and the internet called the TFL members were disanchanted men such as Steve Hoca tell men who arent successful with women that it is a deliberate game.

He talks in his videos about women bein so liberalised and media influenced that they will pass up any decent average guy for 'the better option. Personally I find this rather alarming and destructive to us guys and can cause male individuals to develop mysogynic traits in my opinion. It's something i could never allow myself to fall into no matter how lonely I have felt.

What does everyone else think of it?

It is all in his head. I bet I could point out several factors that make him unattractive. You know besides the obvious one that he wears the title as a badge. After all, if he gets a female, he loses his credibility. He can no longer be a martyr

Every single person I've ever met who had zero success was having zero success because of personal problems like anxiety, poor social skills, etc.

The sole defining factor of a successful social life, I think, is the ability to complement and match other people - good social skills and a solid sense of self. Even ******** and weirdos with some semblance of social skills typically drift into circles of similar or tolerant people, and the more social ones always seem to me to be paired off, so if someone is unable to get dates or friends is it more reasonable to assume that the world cares enough to be out to get them or that their social skills and mental/emotional health aren't in very good condition?

The more I actually listen to people who say everyone is against them, they can't succeed at anything with people, etc, the more I start to see how much is self-induced. Someone on another forum who claimed his friend was autistic or a narcissist who only cared about himself and couldn't hold a conversation used an example where, in a text message conversation, he suggested a movie to his friend to distract him from his problems and his friend replied with something about his problem rather than acknowledging or asking for more information about what his friend thought of the movie as evidence to support his claim.

It just makes me think about all this horrible, cruel, unheard-of-elsewhere treatment that people go through in a different light than they're presenting it in. Whatever conspiracy theories help people sleep at night, I guess.

I have anxiety problems myself and was practically crippled by it for years, so it's not like I haven't been there. It's not like I haven't gone months without a social outing, felt like an alien in a world of unfamiliar people, or felt like I wasn't of any value to others - even my own family. I realized that my own problems were preventing me from both understanding and connecting to the wider world, though, and if I made choices such as avoiding particular social environments or opting out of dating I made them with my own difficulties as the reasoning behind it, instead of inventing conspiracies ruining everything for me.

It kind of pisses me off, honestly. I've busted my ass trying to overcome shitty personal habits, destructive trains of thought, and more that plagued me since my early teens, and there's these ******** who think they're ******* amazing and it's everyone else's fault nobody wants to date or befriend them.

When I glance at the title of this thread I see "FTL" and immediately think faster than light travel has been discovered, and then I get mad that it hasn't.

You can make up any terminology, and turn it into a syndrome.

It is true that women have the choice to turn down any men they want, but we have no call for blaming this on them. It is true that there are screwed up women who stay with men who abuse them, but this is their business.

Misogyny doesn't happen because of "True Forced Loneliness." It's within you already, and you just find an excuse for it.

AFrozenSoul said:
It is all in his head. I bet I could point out several factors that make him unattractive. You know besides the obvious one that he wears the title as a badge. After all, if he gets a female, he loses his credibility. He can no longer be a martyr

haha i totally agree! :)

bulmabriefs144 said:
You can make up any terminology, and turn it into a syndrome.

It is true that women have the choice to turn down any men they want, but we have no call for blaming this on them. It is true that there are screwed up women who stay with men who abuse them, but this is their business.

Misogyny doesn't happen because of "True Forced Loneliness." It's within you already, and you just find an excuse for it.

Absolutely and I dont dwell on other people's choices. Enough on my own plate!

JustALonelyGuy said:
they will pass up any decent average guy for 'the better option.

It's called "Hypergamy", as far as I know and it is something that doesn't come from media, but from our primal roots. It's part of our nature, evolution, mating system... call it like you want.
Females go for the best they can get, to have the best partner possible, which includes best protection and best genes for offspring. Males are on the other hand more like: mating with as much females as possible to have as much offspring as possible to make sure that their genes survive. Polygamy, some may call it.

The question just is, how much such primal rules still rule our lives... I don't doubt that it rules more than we allow us to believe, since most of us would rather say that we are "too high developed" to be influenced by such things.

As for Misogyny, to be honest, I haven't seen it all that much yet ... I just saw a few idiots who don't respect women, but that's more on the disrespecting, not on the hating side.
What I however saw very often, were older single women, who had very Misandry-like views. But I guess that it could be different, from country to country.
As well, I can say that I heard way more women say "men are ********" ,then I heard men say "women are bitches". But I guess experience is too unique to make it comparable.
As well, I don't know any male equivalent texts to books like "SCUM Manifesto", which call for an absolute annihilation of one whole gender.... great plan, to destroy our race for good. -_-

This is just one of those things that isn't worth thinking about for too long. Not because it's wrong or anything. I'm sure it applies to some people. But stuff like this can be discussed and twisted forever. No solution can come from material like this. Probably not much good either, besides some people maybe feeling some relief.

Also where I come from, TFL = Transport For London, lol

Latest posts

Back