Not wanting to sleep

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
I can sleep fine, it's just getting to sleep... It's nearly 2am and I've been round my friends all night. Right now i have no intention to sleep. I've realised i always come awake at night, it's like i want every day to last forever, and i never really feel in 'sleep mode' unless I'm drunk.

Will go doctors but I've been considering taking advantage of this i.e working nights.

Lack of sleep is unhealthy. Yeah some people can make it work. However, it is best to sleep when you can and get plenty of it. Being well rested will improve your health.

I'm a night owl too, I've been there. Staying up late is always tempting because it seems like there is still so much you could do and it's exciting in a way :D It's not exactly healthy though, especially if you have to get up in the morning. I often spend the following day in zombie mode... Working nights probably has its perks, but I think in the end it will mess up your sleeping habits. If you already have a disposition for staying up late and your body gets used to it, it might be tough to get rid of later on. You've probably heard this before, but maybe it would help to do more exhausting things during the day so that you'll at least be physically tired in the evening? And then do something relaxing like reading a book and really try to sleep... Whenever I do manage to sleep early, it feels much better than sleeping from 4 to 11am and the like... (like last night :rolleyes: )

Hehe Lua this is my sleep schedule most of the time :)

The best stuff you can do is while everyone else is asleep and gone! No distractions, so watching a movie or taking time on a hobby or um... yeah, it's all fun. :p

Haha I agree about it feeling like so much can be done at night, Lua. Thing is i've tried exhausting myself, it just never works. Sometimes i could be tired but i'll always become active. It's like my brain just doesn't want to switch off :p

Of course when I have to be up early i find it a bit easier to sleep lol

Lately Im the opposite. I just woke up around noon. Thats just as bad as not enough sleep. I will be doing things to make sure I dont go into depression.

Same as LL here, i have alot of trouble waking up at a reasonable time. :/

I find that getting tired and falling asleep is easier if I just lie in a dark room. I find a lot of people who cannot sleep. Stay up until they are exhausted. Try just lying in a dark room.

Some doctors my help you. My father even had to visit a "Sleep Lab"... well, in the end they will most likely just give you very strong medicine. These things will knock you out for a while...
But maybe working at night will be the best solution for you. Some people are simply made for this.

I really know this feeling. Sometimes I don't want to go to sleep, because I would just rolling on my bed and think about many things and then feeling stressed. :/

I don't even have a sleeping pattern. It helps if you plan ahead. If you want to be up early next Wednesday for example, set yourself up to be tired on Tuesday. If you want to get into a pattern, you can train yourself into it by sleeping earlier and earlier every day.

Gutted said:
I don't even have a sleeping pattern. It helps if you plan ahead. If you want to be up early next Wednesday for example, set yourself up to be tired on Tuesday. If you want to get into a pattern, you can train yourself into it by sleeping earlier and earlier every day.

I've been told about training yourself. I can't really discipline myself so i don't find this effective.

You might be having trouble drifting off to sleep because you are trying too hard. If and when you see your doctor, don't ask him or her for a sedative to help you. Often times, when a patient asks for meds for a specific reason, doctor's tend to be reluctant to give a prescription. Just explain your situation sincerely and without drug seeking behavior.

God forgive me for saying this, but try reading the Bible in bed. You should get sleepy quite fast.

Latest posts

Back