Help with Depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajBee

Reaction score
Lately I've been having a really tough time, and I don't think I can handle it on my own anymore. I want to talk to my doctor about possibly taking antidepressants but I have no idea how to bring the topic up. I've never mentioned being depressed before, I have a really tough time taking about it. I've already set up an appointment but I have no idea how to go about it. I would appreciate any help.

If you feel really awkward just bringing it up in conversation, maybe you should write it down, and either hand the paper to your doctor or read it as a script. Everything that you have been experiencing and feeling. They will understand - it's a difficult subject to discuss. But it's great you're trying to get help.

Yeah, at least you're taking a step in the right direction by seeking help. That's a big step. You shouldn't feel awkward about telling your doctor, they are trained to deal with all sorts of physical and mental disorders. This forum is also helpful, there are many very nice people here going through depression and loneliness, and it helps to share your experiences. Welcome to the forum and never hesitate to ask for help or just to talk to someone. :)

It's indeed really good of you that you do your best in feeling better. I've been depressed for 2 and a half years now and have anti-depressants for it, and i want to warn you. It's not something that will magically cure anything, i can't even stop normally if i wanted to because of their withdrawal symptoms. (Yes, i've tried.)

I know how this might come across, but please know that i do not want to discourage you, i merely want to say that those pills aren't anything.

If you are feeling bad, at any time, you can always message me. I'm always willing to listen and try my best to help you, i know what it's like, unfortunately. Please don't be afraid to reach out I'm/we're here for you! :)

MajBee, I am the same way, I have a hard time #1 even going to the Doctor, #2 telling him when I am depressed. In the past when it got so bad I knew I had to go to the Doctor, I just told him "I'm really depressed" That was it, it turned out really good.

The important thing is that you are going to the Doctor. :)

Hi MajBee. I just want to wish you the best with everything. I've actually experienced bouts of depression before, but never really thought it could be depression until I discovered there's a subset of it called "atypical depression." They say 21 million Americans have depression. It's not something to feel embarrassed about. *hugs*

Barbaloot said:
If you feel really awkward just bringing it up in conversation, maybe you should write it down, and either hand the paper to your doctor or read it as a script. Everything that you have been experiencing and feeling. They will understand - it's a difficult subject to discuss. But it's great you're trying to get help.

Thanks. I might try to write some things down before I go, so I might have somethings ready to say.

Rosebolt said:
It's indeed really good of you that you do your best in feeling better. I've been depressed for 2 and a half years now and have anti-depressants for it, and i want to warn you. It's not something that will magically cure anything, i can't even stop normally if i wanted to because of their withdrawal symptoms. (Yes, i've tried.)

I know how this might come across, but please know that i do not want to discourage you, i merely want to say that those pills aren't anything.

If you are feeling bad, at any time, you can always message me. I'm always willing to listen and try my best to help you, i know what it's like, unfortunately. Please don't be afraid to reach out I'm/we're here for you! :)

So it's a bad idea to take antidepressants? I don't really know what else to do. What are the withdrawal symptoms?

^ I would never say it's a bad idea to take them in general. Sometimes though you have to try a number of different varieties to find what works best for you. Just, what ever you do, don't try taking yourself off of them without following your doctor's instructions on how to.

edamame721 said:
Hi MajBee. I just want to wish you the best with everything. I've actually experienced bouts of depression before, but never really thought it could be depression until I discovered there's a subset of it called "atypical depression." They say 21 million Americans have depression. It's not something to feel embarrassed about. *hugs*

probably much more than 21 million suffering from depression being that this is a shithole of a country (america). welcome to prozac nation. big pharma loves using us vulnerable people to buy up all their pills. but we get all the bills.

Latest posts

Back