Loneliness for those of us with chronic health problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouse

Reaction score
I've looked through the forum but I haven't come across any theads written by people who are lonely because of ill health - either because they are housebound or else they might have some rare disease and they have been unable to connect with others that have the same diagnosis.

If I've missed something, can someone point me to an existing thread, otherwise if this situation applies to you, I'd love to read about other people's experiences.

My situation fits into both the about reasons - I am reasonably housebound after cancer and a neurological disease 15 years ago, and also because I've got a really rare neurological disease and I've never met anybody with my diagnosis and the extensive symptoms that I have - many of them are post-mortem or they have the diagnosis but only 1 or 2 symptoms (and I have about 15).

I'll post more on another occasion - I'm just putting out the feelers, that's all.......

Heey, it's good that you're reaching out. I can imagine all that you've been through working in a demotivating manner as well, but you seem strong, that's good.

I'm afraid i don't have any experience of loneliness because of any such terrible diseases, but i think that with the amount of people on here, you will find someone who does.

If you ever need someone to talk to, i'm always willing to listen, just PM me!

And welcome to the forum!

Hi, I agree that it is good you are reaching out as well.
Health problems can increase loneliness as getting out and about can be harder (or impossible) both for health reasons and for financial reasons (if you aren't working). It can also make finding a longterm relationship more difficult as some people are put off by health problems.
So, yes, I do think that health problems can be one reason for loneliness.
I had cancer 17 years ago, a brain aneurysm in October just gone by, and I have Aspergers.

Latest posts

Back