Bubble Tea?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blogger79

Anyone here like Bubble Tea??

What is your favourite flavour?

Mine is milky honeydew... Yumm Yumm!

Well not being a tea drinker (yea shock-horror a brit who doesnt drink tea lol)

Just what exactly is Bubble Tea ?? im curious

Here is a web definition:

Bubble tea is a tea beverage that originated in Taiwan in the 1980s. The balls are often called "pearls," and are consumed along with the beverage through a wide straw. Bubble tea is especially popular in many East Asian and Southeast Asian regions such as China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Brunei, Malaysia, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, and more recently popularized in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. It is also called "boba".

It isn't actually necessarily TEA like you would drink hot. You can get chocolate, coconut, fruit flavours etc.. you can get it like a drink or blended like a slushy.. and you can get it with or without the "pearls" which are tapioca balls.

250px-Pearl_Milktea.jpg

lonewolf said:

how novel .. lol... it kinda reminds me of a series of drinks that came out here in cans mid 90s that was like a pop drink with little 'balls' in... the drinks were in terms of business a big flop and were ditched a little while later.. i on the other enjoyed them.

I love that stuff. My favorite flavor is the original milk tea. *sigh* I haven't had boba in a while...

Mmmm I've only had it once and I can't remember the flavour but it was deeeelish <3

lonewolf said:

You should keep that a secret lol the world thinks we all like tea, Well I do drink lots of it in the morning lol

I had never heard of bubble tea be for tho.

mmm...only ever had it once and I have to admit I didn't really care for it. The "tea" bit was tasty, but the "bubbles" had an unpleasant aftertaste. Maybe it was made poorly?
Might have to give it another go to be fair :D

in the philippines we call it "sago't gulaman".

when there is party this refreshment is always on the menu. :)

presenting SAGO'T GULAMAN
sago_gulaman.jpg

Latest posts

Back