Is this a sign of addiction to weed?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
I never smoked too much weed i used to smoke once a month and that was it. 2 months have passed since i smoked it and today i woke up with an idea of smoking weed and i felt awesome. I was never really excited this much about thoughts of smoking it... So i am becoming addicted? Or its normal in a way? Have you experienced something like this when you simply wake up with some good thoughts about consuming marijuana!?

Growing up where I did I've been smoking pot pretty much all my life (Well, since age 10 or so anyway)
Sometimes I smoked every day for a month, sometimes not at all for a month, never felt any kind of urges then.
I don't think you can really get addicted to marihuana, or at least not in the way you can get addicted to hard drugs or alcohol.
Man, sometimes I wake up with this craving for a grilled cheese sandwich, doesn't make me think I'm addicted to them. It's nothing to worry about :p
Well that, or I'm addicted to grilled cheese sandwiches.

As Sigma said it is a craving, you like it, it makes you feel good, so you had a craving for it. It's Psychological, thanks a lot -.- now I'm craving it...
I have to say, if you ever do use it again, use it in a healthier way, Vape it or eat it, don't smoke it. :p

-_-... there is no such thing as pot addiction. You just convinced yourself that it would be good to do it.

I mean if I had a dime for every time I said "I cannot wait to work out" and then had an amazing workout. Well.. ok I would not be rich, but it happens.

Marijuana stimulates the release of endorphines and dopamine and as such it's a happy plant.

I'd be careful about weed, I've seen several people lose their flair of life consuming it.

perfanoff said:
Marijuana stimulates the release of endorphines and dopamine and as such it's a happy plant.

I'd be careful about weed, I've seen several people lose their flair of life consuming it.

ROFL:D

I haven't smoked it for 2 months now and as i wrote in my previous page i woke up with an good feeling about thoughts of consuming it. But almost day passed and only i can think about is weed and i wanna smoke it badly??? BUT HOW is this possible 2 months have passed and i havent smoked since then and now i want it so badly. When i was drunk last night i came to idea of smoking it and since then i only think about it, but it haven't stop me doing anything you know i still go to gym and i studied today too but weed is on the top of my mind! Do i need help or it might go away on its own?

Oh man that's horrible. A year ago I had a horrible time with weed and even pills for that matter. Cigs to boot and drinking. Recently quit smoking and I get lots of headaches and feeling tired and severe anxiety. It seems like your body is withdrawling, even weed. Weed pretty much numbs you and makes you relax. Take that away and you no longer feel like you can cope anymore. I heard people give me crap saying oh you can't suffer that much from just smoking weed, there wrong. My body may be clean but my body still is looking for that high. Try doing other things and eating healthy. Fruit, veggies, work out and burn all the toxins out of your body. It may be hard for you right now cause you just quit but things do get better trust me. I was an addict and I survived. So don't give up on yourself. I'm clean now and feel much happier about life. :)

Mod edit: I merged your threads together since you already have one talking about your weed addiction.

Sci-Fi said:
your weed addiction.
Very subtle, Sci-Fi
Anyway, I still think you're making too big a deal outta this.
Like I said before, I've been smoking and not smoking pot for about 11 years now, and if for whatever reason I don't smoke for a long time I feel nothing that would indicate I'm addicted.
I'm pretty sure 11 years is long enough to get addicted.
My conclusion: It's a freaking plant, not heroin.
Feel free to panic anyway, just realize marihuana isn't inherantly dangerous to your health, smoking is, the plant aint.

Sigma said:
Sci-Fi said:
your weed addiction.
Very subtle, Sci-Fi
Anyway, I still think you're making too big a deal outta this.
Like I said before, I've been smoking and not smoking pot for about 11 years now, and if for whatever reason I don't smoke for a long time I feel nothing that would indicate I'm addicted.
I'm pretty sure 11 years is long enough to get addicted.
My conclusion: It's a freaking plant, not heroin.
Feel free to panic anyway, just realize marihuana isn't inherantly dangerous to your health, smoking is, the plant aint.

^^^I concur^^^

If you wanna have a smoke, have a smoke. That's my daily motto :p

If you are going to feel bad about smoking pot, then why smoke it? There are plenty of people who smoke pot everyday and for them it's a lifestyle and a part of who they are. They accept the negative consequences and roll with the positives.

I think if you are uncomfortable with the idea of being dependent or allowing yourself to feel good from an external source, then you might be trying to tell yourself you'd rather find happiness and enjoyment in other ways.

My rule of thumb for pot smoking has always been, take care of priorities first. Smoke when you want to, but only when you can. Make sure the school work is done. Make sure the job was done right and done well. Make sure the bills are paid. Make sure the kids are taken care of. etc.. etc.. Then when the day is done, if you have some time to yourself, enjoy it.

Sounds like you are a bit concerned with the enjoyment part. You are afraid of liking it too much. Some people have a tendency to make habits that become detrimental to themselves. If you feel you are one of these, "addictive personalities" (which is not something I buy personally, but many do), then perhaps you should just quit while your ahead.

That's my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back