Norton 360™ $8.99 - 1 year protection

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super-vagabond

Reaction score
Please note, this is the PC version. Good for up to 3 computers.

Use USCYBERGEDDON and USNORTONTRUCK25 as coupon codes.

8,99$ instead of 79,99$

http://us.norton.com/ps/loem/ea/nss...one&newInstall=yes&osver=5.1&pversionid=3.6.1

This is one of the best anti-virus out there .

DOES NOT require the virus removal service to check out with this price.

Your welcome :p

Also, watch out as this signs you up for auto-renewals going forward, so you have to go to your Norton account page and disable that setting if you don't want a huge renewal fee next year.

It's not a matter of complexity - it's a matter (for me) of how it interacts with my laptop and the programs on it.

Sorry no. We had old computers on Norton. Not only did it have some update nagware, not only did they charge you for something you NEED on the computer (not thrilled about buying individual OS systems either, if you want to pay for something it'd better be an option and it had better be cool, like Mp3 Cutter or WavePad), but when I tried to uninstall something went wrong and the file broke, meaning I couldn't reinstall later.

MSE is free, works with the Windows OS (which will be bad by 2014, as Windows is being an ass, but until then means easy compatibility), and has actually picked up viruses, which Norton based ever did. MSE and switching to Firefox (I had to proxy out IE) made me virus-free for a full year.

Norton? Crap. Use this trick free.

I'm sorry but just no haha.

Norton is novice software, when installed it literally tries to root itself into the OS, one thing goes wrong, an you can't remove it; on another note, it's so resource hungry installing a million and one services and addons - compared with other AV's.

I'd suggest AVG free, it does exactly the same job (or better), it's so much more lightweight and simple being a basic AV, free updates too. Link here.

9006 said:

I'm sorry but just no haha.

Norton is novice software, when installed it literally tries to root itself into the OS, one thing goes wrong, an you can't remove it; on another note, it's so resource hungry installing a million and one services and addons - compared with other AV's.

Thank you for going into detail about Norton. Glad to see Im not the only one who thinks it sucks. :D

EveWasFramed said:
Thank you for going into detail about Norton. Glad to see Im not the only one who thinks it sucks.

I can assure you that you aren't.

To be honest, malicious programmers look around for exploits in new AV software (or existing versions) and integrate that into their trojans/viruses. You'll find that the most commonly used software are always targeted, ie; Internet Explorer, because it's the browser that comes with Windows, and that it was actually badly made and normally full of exploits.

As most programmers know, once there's a new peace of software out there (in this case, AV's), the chances are that there's bugs in the new code, and this is what malicious programmers test for.

I've used Norton on and off and never had a problem with it. I prefer it over McAfee, one I can't remember the name of, and AVG (which I know several computer techs out there that moan at the mention of AVG). Norton has given me excellent protection, better than any other virus protection I've used over the years.

Common sense is the only anti virus I use. It's free and very effective.

Initially it started with "virus scanners slow my pc down more then virusses" and when after 6 months I did install a scanner it found nothing. Ever since I don't bother installing anything anymore. It's not like there is valueable data on my pc anyways, and if it breaks, I can reformat/reinstall in about 1.5 hours, which is about the time a virus scanner takes to do a full scan...

Latest posts

Back