Hard question to answer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have trouble believing anyone would come. If they did, they'd just say generic things about me ("he was a nice person" which I'm not really), because I never let anyone close enough that they really get to know me.

Mainly family (if my parents die, it's just my sister/brother) and past girlfriends (they probably won't come) are probably the only ones that have even gotten halfway close enough to tell stories. I'm probably the best person for the job, since I'm very self-critical.

I'm the type of person who lets people largely live their own lives. But they generally don't do the same, which is about when I show I can be among the most guarded, stubborn, and self-centered people around. I almost never get out of my room, and never trust anyone.

"He's that guy. You know, the one who sat in one of the front corner desks in most classes. The guy with the sweater and the hat, well, most of the time anyways. Does... does anyone else have something a bit more pertinent to say? No? Going once, going twice... Alright then." *cue roaring applause*

In all seriousness, I don't want a funeral, but, on the off chance that someone goes against my wishes, they'd probably say things about me being quiet, patient, and curious. Most people don't know much about me, to be honest.

Not anything to do with how awesome my level of computer skills are. I can guarantee you that. lol

Seriously, I imagine they would mention my compassion and strong faith in God. Maybe my chess skills. Other than that, I can't say.

Good topic.

I'm not sure. I know that I want to be buried at sea. I guess I would want them to mention my career, my accomplishments, hopefully the difference that I've made in people's lives.

Super-vagabond said:
I am curious about your answers guys ...

What would people say about you at your funeral?

My parents would be genuinely sad.
My sister would be kind of down at the funeral, but quickly get over it.
My cousin would be pissed she'd have nobody to get totally wasted and baked with.
This one ******* in my village would be having his little celebratory dance
The rest of the village would shrug and move on.
The rest of the world doesn't even know my village exists.

That is of course, if they were actually at the funeral, I doubt anyone but my family would even show up.
As for the speech thing it would probably go kind of like this: "He was good at shooting stuff with bow and arrow, making funny drawings, and he was drunk a lot of the time"

"She didn't go to college."
lol.

On a more serious note.. hmm.. I don't like to think about my family or friends being hurt. I would want them to be happy knowing I am at peace.

Nice thought provoking idea, in my opinion.

I think my parents would comment on me having fought a long way, not giving up, as they say that already. Other then that the usual stuff. "He was so special because <lies>."

I don't want to waste people's time with a funeral though.

Latest posts

Back