Depressed Girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V35k0

Reaction score
Hello forums, I guess your newest member here. I've browsed through countless threads looking for the right one, but I just can't find one that's close enough to my situation. Well here it goes:

I've been with my girlfriend for a year and 4 months now. I love her very much and think she's the most amazing girl I've known. She started going to university, so during the summer before that her life changed drastically. She's told me that she's been feeling down since then and doesn't really enjoy life, doesn't get excited about anything anymore, sometimes she is overly sensitive. She hasn't had a great childhood and she lived with her grandfather as a child, but he passed away when she was in her young teens. She moved to another country (we're both immigrants, from different parts of the world) to live with her mom and her stepdad ( I guess some background might help). Regardless of her moodiness and my frustration and all I'm there for her, trying to get her to enjoy life again. She says that I do help and that it is slowly getting better, but I don't think that's the case. I'd do anything for her and getting her to feel better is extremely important to me. Is there anyone there with a similar experience. I really want her to enjoy life like she used to. She also says that she's stupid and isn't good enough for me, which is bullshit because she's doing great at one of the top universities of the country. I guess that might have to do with the fact that nobody really made her feel like she meant the world to them. Thing is, she does to me.

Thank you in advance !

Long-distance relationship of college kids. Does that thing ever work? The fact you're making this thread means that you feel the situation is already going out of control.

Looks like you're going to get dumped brother. Brace for impact :)

perfanoff said:
Long-distance relationship of college kids. Does that thing ever work? The fact you're making this thread means that you feel the situation is already going out of control.

Looks like you're going to get dumped brother. Brace for impact :)

Here in Holland there is no long-distance. We live in the same city and I see her frequently...so umm I guess you must have misunderstood me. This post isn't about me feeling small or scared of being dumped. It's about her not enjoying life.

I went through this, only my ex bf wasn't supportive at all.
However my boyfriend now is the same exact way towards me.

As for getting dumped. Pay no mind ok?

Just be there for her, comfort her and try to get her away from everything and take her to a park. Just to talk with her and open yourself up to her. And show her there's still beauty in the world. Depression happens a lot. To many of us. Not sure what happened but continue to be there for her.

I do, I do everything in my power, just that I don't feel I'm getting any results. It's really frustrating. I'm not giving up tho, she's too amazing to give up on.

You say that she became unhappy in the summer just before going to university. Could this be the problem? Was it her choice to go to university, or did she go to please other people?

She wanted this and she was very excited. I honestly don't know what happened that it changed her so drastically, I don't even think that she does.

There will be a student counsellor at her uni. Maybe she would benefit from making an appointment and talking things through. It might help to bring to the surface what lies behind her depression.

You're a genius! ...I'll find a way to bring that up asap. I couldn't be any happier finding this forum, has already helped me so much !

Latest posts

Back