Subjects at School

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
Loved English, History.
Maths was OK. Didn't love it though.
Hated Science for some reason. Didn't get what they were on about.
Art/Craft..an absolute failure..hopeless..the worst in the class. Couldn't draw a stick figure or make a paper aeroplane even!

Spelling was my best subject in elem. school. I really shone!

i loved accounts, computers and statistics. Maths when I was very young.

Computer science was nice. Minesweeper tournaments during the breaks! I also loved Geography, the maps looked so cool. But world history was really the best! I may be smart but I hated studying.. history books were the only books I loved reading even out of the class period. Now that I think of it, I liked the psychology books too.

I hated chemistry. I also finished with a D in Physics, then went on to get a graduate degree in it. Life's funny that way :D

I always failed at physics, but then again, so did everyone else.

Can't say there was a particular subject I particully liked. It really depended on the teacher to be honest. Because I've changed schools/studies a lot, I've seen plenty of different teachers. Some years a certain course would be find, other years it was bad. Overal I spend the first half of my studies failing pretty much everything and switching studies/schools every year to avoid having to redo the year.

Moving up to higher education, I studied informatics and never had much problems. Math and statistics where the hardest courses for everyone, but in the end math was the only course I ever really worried about.

This thread subject idea seems familiar.. :p

Anyway, i liked Biology the most, and hated science. I have nothing against science, but i was very bad at it, and the teacher i had was very, very boring. I didn't have much problems with anything else of the subjects, i had other problems at school. :p

Loved Science, Chemistry, and Biology, liked History.

Hated Math, didn't do well at all.

social studies was interesting. I would've like chemistry if my teacher didn't go through "her time of the month" almost every week. :/

Loved: Math

Liked: Science, Gym, Drafting

Neutral: Art

Hated: English, Reading, Writing, Government

Eep, well I left high school ten years ago so I feel rather old now lol

In High school...
I loved History, RE and English lit, was "meh" at science and maths, and disliked Spanish and Business studies. Avoided PE whenever possible to go and read in the library lol.
Managed to pass every GCSE at A or A* though, through some miracle

In College...
Well you choose your own subjects in college so I liked all of these..
History, Politics, Classical civilisations, General Studies, English Language and Literature

In University...
I opted to do my degree in Historical studies and Philosophy.
I will be doing my masters soon in Library and Information Management

^
RE?
Religious Education? Did you agree with the doctrine you received there?

I was taught in Primary School to memorise Catechism Q and A's.
We were encouraged to attend Mass during the week as well. Kind of a brownie point system with the teacher. If he saw you there, you were held in higher esteem. Must say for all the dogma, indoctrination and guilt tripping involved, I still love the hymns we sang then. Those teachers (marist brothers)had real faith...even if they did belt us every other day for slight misdemeanours. Those days you never thought to go and complain to your parents either.

RE = Religious Education yes.... but this was UK national curriculum RE (I didn't go to a church school or anything), so it was Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Sikhism

A lot of it was debate, and none of it was indoctrination. At the time of high school I considered myself athiest/agnostic anyway lol

^
Sounds brilliant to me. I envy such broad minded education.

By the way, how would you feel about "meditation" becoming a regular part of the RE curriculum.? ie. meditate as a class every day

It should probably come under "Personal and Social Education" - PSE, which is UK curriculum also... but I think meditation should be taught as an essential life skill = a coping mechanism in this incredibly stressful modern world.

As much as i would being taught meditation in classes, i am afraid i would have to oppose this. I'm kind of against forcing ideas and ways of life on other people. Of course, this mostly only applies to high school, if the subject, and meditation specifically, was chosen by a student, it wouldn't be a problem.

Hope it's alright to interfere with your discussion.

No feel free.
I'm going to start another thread on this topic anyway.

Lady X Don't care if it's not part of RE. Agree with you on being taught.

I loved English, French, History, Biology, and Art. I hated how they took Art class out of the curriculum, but luckily I got to take it again in high school.

I hated Math, Religion, Career Development, and I wasn't a big fan of Gym class, to be honest.

Most of the other classes were either ho-hum or depended on the teacher to much to say for sure whether I liked it or not.

Phys. Ed. story

Half my class turned up without their sports clothes one day. We lined up outside a room for caning with a rubber tube on the hands. 3 on each hand. About 20 students. Hard word work for the teacher I reckon.
Can't imagine this kind of brutality occurring still. Does it?

I loved English, I had the best naps in my life there, until I had to start tutoring it instead :(
As for the other stuff, History was the only one I really had some sort of interest in, even though I'm sure at least some part of what's written in those books is total bullsh*t.
Art was fun, I suppose, I much prefer pencil drawing over painting and all that other crap we did though.
Math, Biology, Physics....totally hopeless.
Dutch.....I'm not even gonna start here.

Latest posts

Back