Reputation Report

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wont to continue having the Reputation Report

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
B

Bluey

We would like to do a poll on the members reputation.

Basically we would like to know if you think its a good idea are not.

I know there is people here that don't think its a good idea. Me included as it can give the wrong impresion out. There is people that visit this sight for many different reasons. And have many different things that bother them.

To me the hole reputation thing is nothing moor then a superficial popularity contest. In my opinion it has no place on a sight like this.

Haha...well....I think its fine by me, though I am not a popular rabbit but it pays to compliment each other once in awhile.

I'm okay with losing it; some people give negatives that are harsh! Besides... if you want to compliment someone, just brighten their day with a lovely PM or something... I always love mail!

well, I sort of like giving reputations to people when they're kind to me or help me out with something, just as an extra way to say that I really am grateful. It seems more permanent and less fickle than just sending a pm to say thanks. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, I do it too. I suppose though if people see it as a popularity contest then it might be a problem. I don't see though why folks on a loneliness forum could want to make it be that.

Heck yes, I cherish my negative reputation marks. They remind me that I have stood up for something.

Regards,
IO

IgnoredOne said:
Heck yes, I cherish my negative reputation marks. They remind me that I have stood up for something.

Regards,
IO

Nice!!

I myself don't mind the reputation either. Maybe some people could themselves disable it? For just themself.

IgnoredOne said:
cool. I guess that explains why i started making some enemies

Skorian said:
I myself don't mind the reputation either. Maybe some people could themselves disable it? For just themself.

That is a very good idea :)

I well see if the admin can do that.

BTW everyone this poll is anonymous so know one well know what you voted. Its pretty divided at the minuet witch surprises me cos I have seen a lot of ppl that say they don't like it.

But ye I agree it dose cheer you up when you get one.

I could really care less about the reputation thing. I could easily just say things that people want to hear/boost their ego and get higher reputation points for it, but that's not really what I'm about. I think the reputation thing just shows that you like to say positive things to people and make them feel good about themselves. But this board shouldn't be about that. It should allow people to be free to express themselves in what ever way they choose.

I think that the postive reputations are a good idea, they can boost a members self esteem and make them feel more confident and postive within themselves. But as for the negative reputations, they can cause the opposite effect. I have noticed that most negative reputations have been given when members are arguing or flaming each other. So I would keep the positives and get rid of the negatives.

if possible people could say nice things about other in a 'comments' section.
i guess

A reputation system that can easily be turned into a popularity contest is not good, but having knowledge of what kind of people you are interacting with is good. Being able to give someone negative rep beacuse of a personal, non important reason to the issue is bad...basically there are good and bad ways this can be used, users should not JUST rely on this system or feel that it can ruin their image, It should be used in support of what they say and what they do, not as a banner of who they are but of a flag for others to learn more about them and maybe even get to know each other better as they delve into why that person got this or that for whatever reason...like ya maybe?

It seems like an unusual thing to have on a board like this. A forum that has more then it's share of people who feel ignored, rejected or neglected. Then the forum goes and puts a rating scale on them. It can erase a bit of the safe haven feel.

Agreed minus. Don't get me wrong when you get one it dose make you feel appreciated and liked but its not a good thing for those that don't have many or non. It can make a person feel unwonted when maybe that person has put a lot of effort in to there posts in trying to help or be friends with someone. It can make it seam like a popularity contrast and its for that reason even though it can also make you feel good that I think it should be gone. I also think it has and well put ppl of from being apart of our community here.

I was the one that made this thread only because no one could say I didn't like the idea as I don't have many. I do know of other ppl that don't like the idea as well.

I totally agree with you. I am sure it is a nice ego boost for people to be shown approval. Still my concern is more for those that perpetually feel like they are on the outside looking in. Those that feel apart for the rest.
My concern is that the rating could possibly add to or reinforce that feeling even here.

Approval could still be shown verbally in posts without a person carrying a rating around on them.

Latest posts

Back