The worst pain you've ever had

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebolt

I've had this idea for a while but refrained from posting it due to the nature of it. But oh well here goes.

What is the worst (physical) pain you've ever felt?

I'll start,

An infected toenail being stepped on.

My worst pain was gallbladder inflammation. I had an operation to remove it a couple of years ago.

I once bit down on a pizza bagel and my top molar
sent a huge surge of pain up the whole side of my face. I'll never forget it.

Either... appendicitis, which hurt like hell, or having a colonoscopy when Id had a particularly bad flare up of my intestinal inflammation condition. Basically they inflate the colon with air to stick a tiny camera in it to investigate why its inflamed - via... well, you can imagine I'm sure. Not nice imagery I know. But having that done while my colon was very inflamed and bleeding was absolute agony. I had 4 doses of Valium and intravenous morphine throughout and still felt it.

When I dislocated my kneecap. I was home by myself, I slipped down the stair, landed on my ass and I looked down to see my knee had ventured over to the side of my leg...

Ouchie xD

Good idea for a thread.

Well, there has been some awful toothaches and once I pulled a quadracep muscle at football training. Man that was excruciating!
Always warm up now.

But you know psychological and emotional pain have been far worse because they lasts longer and no end in sight.. The headache/stomach pain that comes from being afraid of meeting a bully. The pain of anxiety!

isthatso said:
Good idea for a thread.

Well, there has been some awful toothaches and once I pulled a quadracep muscle at football training. Man that was excruciating!
Always warm up now.

But you know psychological and emotional pain have been far worse because they lasts longer and no end in sight.. The headache/stomach pain that comes from being afraid of meeting a bully. The pain of anxiety!

I know psychological pain is usually far worse, but i didn't want to trigger people that much, there's actually a deeper thought behind the thread, i'll wait until more people have responded though.

And thank you for the compliment! :)

Rosebolt said:
isthatso said:
Good idea for a thread.

Always warm up now.

I know psychological pain is usually far worse, but i didn't want to trigger people that much, there's actually a deeper thought behind the thread, i'll wait until more people have responded though.

See I didn't even think of that. Totally insensitive of me.

isthatso said:
Rosebolt said:
isthatso said:
Good idea for a thread.

Always warm up now.

See I didn't even think of that. Totally insensitive of me.

I can be over sensitive as well, don't worry about it! ^^

When I was 14 I had Meningitis. I was SO unwell, in intensive care for a few days. The headache, oh my days. My brain swelled up like a water balloon and was trying to burst through my skull. I couldn't stand the slightest amount of light - had to be blindfolded through it all and at one point was actually begging for them to just kill me so it would end.

I have never felt pain like that since. It was something else. Like in the movies where a demon or the Devil is describing what Hell is like to a mortal - it's a whole other world of pain.

Archery Instructor in a flashback from years ago: Remember people, don't fire when there's people on the range!
Me: I'm sure everyone has common sense!
Clueless Pecker: I'm a danger to society! (Implied)
*Walks to target to retrieve arrows*
*Feels like someone kicked my lower leg*
*Looks down to see arrow sticking from lower leg*
*Oh f*ck...*
Extreme pain ensues.

Strangely it took a while for it to start hurting, but when it did it went the full distance.
Removing the arrow also wasn't very pleasant.

I had pleurisy over the week we had off of school for easter last year. Nasty, sharp chest pain is not my cup of tea. It hurt like hell to breathe, and when I went to the hospital they made me take several deep breaths. That was definitely the most pain I've ever felt.

Latest posts

Back