New Girl!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40933

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Erin 23 from Newfoundland Canada. I never really thought to join a forum like this, I've been alone since I was 13 all the friends I did have ditched me the beginning of junior high. I was very shy, quiet and hardly talked I'm still like that today but not as bad as when I was younger. And that's when the bullying began in Junior high right until I finished High school. I was only bullied by guys, girls just gave me looks but it was the guys that did all the bullying. It was mainly in gym class they would try to hurt me with basketballs soccer balls anything they got their hands on they would hit me with or throw at me. They would say sorry as if it was an accident but it wasn't when I would come home and see bruises on my body. So now I'm trying to get back out working again, I've been out of work four years now two of those I've been very sick with crohns disease which I was diagnosed at 17, but I am doing really well now thanks to a new treatment I started last April. And I am also seeing someone who is helping me with my social anxiety and to help get me back out working again. In the meantime I try to keep myself active which is harder to do in the winter! lol but I start tennis on Tuesday which I absolutely love, its my favorite sport. I've been playing since I was 15. I enjoy other sports as well like basketball, soccer mostly playing for fun. I like skateboarding, biking, walking, hiking, swimming and I would love to try snowboarding and wakeboading. I know its a lot of physical activity! lol I really do enjoy being active. So I guess I look forward to meeting people with similar interests! :)

Kids are so stupid and insensitive. You sound a very fun and active person, I really hope the jerks you were in school with didn't damage your confidence too much. Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forums :D
Sounds like you had a crap time in school like myself, hopefully you're not still bothered by it like some people I know.
Gotta say you've got a rather large assortment of hobbies there o_O
I'm sure you'll find people with similar interests here, feel free to drop me a line if you wanna talk sometime.

Heey there Erin, welcome to the forums! :)

Shame to hear about what happened to you, but you seem like a strong person! You'll get through it.

If you ever want to talk about anything, feel free to PM me! I'm always willing to listen and/or help!

Welcome to the forum, congratulations for being so active, the results are surprising.

You're welcome to PM me if you like.

Bye bye.

Thanks for all the nice welcomes! :) I guess I do have a lot of hobbies lol but I don't get to do them all, would be nice if I had someone to do them with :( I seem to be more confident now then I was back in school glad that's all behind! While I was being bullied by guys I did develop attractions to older guys and still am attracted to older guys I've never been attracted to a guy my own age. Its always made me curious if I wasn't bullied by guys would I fine them appealing to me? But I do enjoy being attracted to older guys though lol I do have some older men celebrity crushes like Hugh Jackman, Stephen Moyer, Ewan McGregor or maybe I just like guys with accents lol. Its hard to find guys especially older I like guys in their late 20's, 30's and 40's, okay going to stop talking about my sexual preferences I see there is a relationships thread guess I should post a topic in there lol

You can't be a newfie, I was able to understand what you said in your post.

... I guess you can't really type out accents.

Limlim said:
You can't be a newfie, I was able to understand what you said in your post.

... I guess you can't really type out accents.

LOL! well technically I'm not from Newfoundland, I was born in Halifax and moved to Newfoundland when I was 8 I certainly don't have an accent lol ;)

That's what they all say! Right after I get told to barmp the horn on me truck and take a gander at their skidoo bai.

Limlim said:
That's what they all say! Right after I get told to barmp the horn on me truck and take a gander at their skidoo bai.

LOL! to be honest I don't really like the newfie accent! lol

Hi Erin, welcome to the forum. It's nice to see that you are improving in various aspects of your life. I wish you all the best in continually improving! :)

Latest posts

Back