Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we expect too much of our leaders?
Won't say too much yet on the subject .. Interested in other opinions first.

I refer to presidents, prime ministers, governors, bosses, teachers, coaches........and anyone else in leadership capacity really.

Do we expect them to perform miracles? Parent with child struggling academically for instance.

President to turn round the economy, get everyone jobs.

Often these leaders have their hands tied. needing to compromise with other stakeholders.
Too many people to please. A coach with a dearth of talent in his team.

My boss needs to please his boss and has other agendas to worry about besides mine.(and other staff)
I do not agree with the fact that a human being can stand above another human being.

That is all.
(01-24-2013, 04:53 PM)isthatso Wrote: Won't say too much yet on the subject .. Interested in other opinions first.

I refer to presidents, prime ministers, governors, bosses, teachers, coaches........and anyone else in leadership capacity really.

Do we expect them to perform miracles? Parent with child struggling academically for instance.

^^^^^^The parent has a responsibility to do everything in their power to help the child, If after supporting the child academically in every way possible, the child still fails. The leader in this case still did their job well.

President to turn round the economy, get everyone jobs.

^^^^^^A US President can't by himself make or break my country, checks and balances tie his hands in our government here in the USA, which is a good thing. But he can try to lead the country in the right direction.

Often these leaders have their hands tied. needing to compromise with other stakeholders.
Too many people to please. A coach with a dearth of talent in his team.

^^^^^^I would feel sorry for a coach that doesn't have talent on his team

My boss needs to please his boss and has other agendas to worry about besides mine.(and other staff)

^^^^^^Bosses have a hard role to play, they have to follow their bosses instruction and company policy, and at the same time lead others to do the same. The best bosses learn that to lead well you have to lead by example, not many know this (or just don't care) and so most people hate their bosses. Big Grin
At this point in time, I just expect them to be half intelligent.
"You are as you are until you are not"

[Image: CooperativeWigglyArieltoucan-max-1mb.gif]