Are you predisposed to anxiety?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
Oh yeah on this one.

My parents were worry warts and I've defintely inherited the same genes. Makes me less willing to take risks. More conservative.

Social anxiety. Tendency to analyse, scrutinise and act very self-consciously at times. Generally I'm stressed by social events of more than 1 other person. And giving speeches...sh sh sh shaking...

Anticipatory anxiety can be very high...future event can consume my mind..preoccupied with it..."will I look Like an idiot again? how will I handle it? will my buttons be pressed?"

Panic attack..yeah do have a tendency to panic..not cool under pressure...they say what makes champions is their ability under pressure...guess that counts me out :)

One of my parents is a walking nerve ball, but sometime along the line I figured I have to keep a cool head in the family. Mass hysteria over trivial stuff leads to nothing good.

Its sounds like you have social anxiety, an actually medical condition that can, yes, be the result of both a person's personality and how they were raised.

I deal with anxiety, for years. All sorts of disorders exist in my family tree.

The anxiety can be very intense. Breathing techniques help me reduce the intensity, if its too late and I get effects from it like pain in my chest I will take a moment to feel my heart beat while breathing deeply. I have not learned how to be less nervous in a social setting. I have become rather used to being uninterested in socializing, I will avoid unless it is with people I know. I try to accept this part of me and do what I am comfortable with doing even if that means I am left with feeling lonely most of the time.

I have been anxious about being anxious, paranoia hits at that point and then crash, energy out.

Not all anxiety is bad. Actually some of my anxiety helps spot red flags early that maybe others don't notice. I can be overreactive but I can also be accurate.
It's getting our anxiety to work for us rather than against us.
Btw, feeling anxious about my weight. Better go for a walk. Back soon. 😄

Latest posts

Back