Introduction Agencies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
Are they still popular? (I mean not meeting through the Internet, just phone Number))

In my mid twenties I was feeling low and depressed one vacation so decided to sign up at an introduction/dating agency. Paid about 250 American dollars (mind you back in the eighties , this was a lot of dosh).
The agency set up 4 or 5 dates for me. ( I think it was much cheaper for women). Interesting when I look back. Some dreadful matches. I was a total bore for the first 3. Guess I came across too polite, conservative, dull. They were nothing special I can tell you. I was silly enough to pay for one of their taxis home despite them meeting another guy at a club! I wanted to leave but she wanted to stay.Unbelievable when I think of it now. the last girl I met was very sweet and very nice but at the time too quiet for me. Just didn't click for me. Finally I quit the agency and resumed beer drinking on Friday nights with my nerdy mates!

But I was very secretive about this. Did not tell my family friends or work colleagues. Huge stigma in those days if you couldn't meet someone naturally. ...like...'what! you had to use a dating agency??"

So you young people now are lucky who use Internet Dating. No social stigma and sounds like well-researched matching. Different to my day.

I was born in the 80's, and I don't think I know anyone who's used them so I'm guessing no. :)

With all the (cringe) social networking sites an such nowadays, I'm surprised they're not obsolete.

I know of three people who found spouses through eHarmony. The one woman was so impressed, she'd tell anybody who would listen as to how she met her husband!

Latest posts

Back