How alone are you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phant0m

Reaction score
I'm curious if others are just lonely inside. Or are you a loner?

Do you have friends, dates, a bf/gf, spouse, kids?

Me, I have nothing. My family even isn't that close. :(

i have a few friends spread out. 2 that live in ny. one, i dont really hang out with or talk to much anymore. he has kids and his phone is always disconnected. i have 4 friends in jersey. one i speak to often and hang out with once in a blue. one, we've been friends for a long time but ive realized in the past year and a half that he's kind of a selfish gardenia so i keep my distance. we don't talk that often and we hang out even less. the other two are great people but for some reason, we don't talk that often anymore and we only hang out maybe once year. i send them texts every once in a while to let them know i love them and they leave me comments on my myspace. i wish we were more involved in eachothers lives but honeysuckle just dont happen like that. they got their troubles and i got mine. one friend moved to florida recently. another one moved to germany. another one moved to south korea. and that's about it for real friends. i have a few aquaintances i see or talk to every once in a while. have family but im really only close to my mom. no girlfriend. we broke up in october and we haven't really talked since. im still a little bitter and i miss her a little bit. im not sure if i miss her or the companionship though and i never really had a chance for any closure so it sucks. mostly i just feel alone inside. i feel empty. i feel useless. i feel inadequate. i feel like im outside of the world. even when im around friends.

Do you have friends? - A few, not any that I'd consider 'true friends.'
Dates? - No.
A bf/gf? - No.
Spouse? - No.
Kids? - No.

I don't have family either, nearly all of them are dead. I have a mother, but she has enough problems of her own, well too many to care about anyone else anyway. The rest are dead.

Friends? A few friends spread out around where I live. I used to have a central group that I always used to hang out with. I cut my ties to them, because I felt we weren't really progressing as a group. I have a few close friends now, but we don't really get to see each other often; work and school keep us all busy.

Dates? I haven't had one in over a year. I hang out with girls, just one on one, but there's no romatic interest there. =/

Girlfriend/ boyfriend? Nope. I was very close to getting one, but as time went on I realized she was a bit too different from me.

Spouse? Nope, and I don't plan on getting one for a while!

Kids? Not that I know of.

I do consider myself a bit of a loner, though. Even though I have friends, I kind of like spending time by myself. People can be a bit draining when I see them too often.

evanescencefan91 said:
you mean like out of 10? 10 being the highest.. um like 8.75
9;

I do consider myself a bit of a loner, though. Even though I have friends, I kind of like spending time by myself. People can be a bit draining when I see them too often.
+1

loner

phant0m said:

How lonely am I? 10/10

Am I a loner? NO

Do I have any friend? 3 - 2 = 1

How many time have I gone on a date? ZERO

How many girlfriend I have? ^^ Hint!

Do I have any spouse? I wish I had no spouse, as I don't ever miss them

Do I have any kids? Well unless I get a girl pregnant, probably NEVER

How my life? Unlifelike (my new vocab word)

Loner: look at my name!

Friends: None

Dates: Haven't been on a date in over 3 years

Gf: Nope. Never will

Spouse: Nope. Never will

Kids: Nope. Never will

A lot of the girls here have bfs...I don't know of any guys who have gfs. Phantom, maybe you want to put a poll up for the guys that asks if they have a gf (or wife). I would be interested in seeing the results.

lonelyloser said:
Loner: look at my name!

Friends: None

Dates: Haven't been on a date in over 3 years

Gf: Nope. Never will

Spouse: Nope. Never will

Kids: Nope. Never will

A lot of the girls here have bfs...I don't know of any guys who have gfs. Phantom, maybe you want to put a poll up for the guys that asks if they have a gf (or wife). I would be interested in seeing the results.

Yea, I'm happy for all the girl on here. Wow having no friend really suck lonely. Well I been alone since forever until college. 18 years of being friendless so I know exactly how you feel. You might even say I'm a PRO at being friendless.

Can I suggest a site where most people go because they have no friend? You are definitely not alone out there. I haven't been to that site a long time now, but everyday there are at least 6-10 post. There are lot of lonely people in this world and were a small part of it.

http://leeiwan.wordpress.com/2006/06/23/what-happens-when-we-have-no-friends/

phant0m said:

Yes I'm a bit of both? Even when I'm around people.. I don't feel like I fit in, or that I'm really wanted, like I'm a bother to everyone. I do things by myself a lot in school so I'm probably seen as a loner. I may seem stand-offish and mean I guess because I don't talk much and avoid people. but when people want to talk to me, I'm really friendly and I'm happy to talk.

Right now I don't have any friends at all, maybe online freinds lol(i dunno if that counts)... I think I can make acquaintances, it's just hard to find a good "friend". Never been in a relationship. I'm alittle iffy on my family. we are close I guess, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it either... Sometimes I feel like they are indifferent towards me and make me feel bad about myself alot. I can't talk to them about everything, just reg stuff too. but i'm still glad I at least have them and they are the closest people I have atm.

Couple of friends, no dates, no girlfriend.

Dont really know how to judge, wouldnt say I feel lonely all the time. when Im at home and have no one to talk to im pretty lonely, id have to say a 8 or 9 sometimes.

Do you have friends? - No. Not even casual ones.
Dates? - No.
A bf/gf? - No.
Spouse? - No.
Kids? - No.

As for my family, I have:
- A mother whom I hate
- A brother whom I hate
- A father who hates me and whom I hate

...that's the situational context. As for how lonely I actually feel, I'm usually all right and don't think about it, except when I go to school or browse Facebook. ><

I probably feel least loneliest when watching movies/shows or writing music.

Matt said:
Do you have friends? - No. Not even casual ones.
Dates? - No.
A bf/gf? - No.
Spouse? - No.
Kids? - No.

As for my family, I have:
- A mother whom I hate
- A brother whom I hate
- A father who hates me and whom I hate

**** we're like the same person only it's a sister i hate

I dont hate my family, but I dont really feel loved by them.
I havent seen my father in a long time
My mother always seems to busy for me
My brother only seems to want to do something with me when he wants something from me.

well mine is a 9/10....the 1....thanks to my family...they made it a little less worse.

I'm around a 7/8... only because when I'm at work, I get absorbed by it, and most of the day goes by without me having to really dwell on things. I love my kids; but there's not much conversation with a 2 and 4 year old. Home makes me sad; I want to take my kids and run away... I have never felt so helpless in my life.

I come home, sign on the computer, and hope for the best. I wish I had people to call, places to go, friends in whom I can confide. My parents are wonderful, but they're 15 hours away. ****.... an honest, objective analysis of my situation reveals just how justified I am in feeling like honeysuckle.

This is probably the most revealing post I've ever made, from a purely emotional standpoint. It's like I'm naked or something... everyone knows now.

armor4sleepPA said:
I'm around a 7/8... only because when I'm at work, I get absorbed by it, and most of the day goes by without me having to really dwell on things. I love my kids; but there's not much conversation with a 2 and 4 year old. Home makes me sad; I want to take my kids and run away... I have never felt so helpless in my life.

I come home, sign on the computer, and hope for the best. I wish I had people to call, places to go, friends in whom I can confide. My parents are wonderful, but they're 15 hours away. ****.... an honest, objective analysis of my situation reveals just how justified I am in feeling like honeysuckle.

This is probably the most revealing post I've ever made, from a purely emotional standpoint. It's like I'm naked or something... everyone knows now.

A+ for honesty.

Latest posts

Back