Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive Thinking
(02-02-2013, 03:11 PM)ladyforsaken Wrote: Positive thinking has done a lot of good for me and a lot of good things have happened since I changed my thinking and mindset from negative to positive. It really has and I'd totally suggest it for anyone who would like changes to happen. It's not an overnight thing that happens, but over time, you'll realise positive things happening, in small minor forms at first. Continue on and you'll see bigger things.

If not for positive thinking, I don't think I could be here right now.

I agree...positive thinking is a powerful tool. There is some merit to misery loves company..but for the most part...people want to be around upbeat happy people..not sad depressed down people. Thoughts cause actions. Unless its a reflex..like jerking your hand from a hot flame...you think of something before you do it. If you think positively...your actions will also be of a positive nature.

One main point..if something ISNT working..stop ...think..reflect and do something different. That is learning...we has humans are pretty good at it..at the top of the game on that one...no matter what your IQ is.
I will not suffer.......
"The only way to get through hell....is to keep moving."
Just speaking of positive thinking, it works to an extent but doesn't cure everything. Dwelling too much on negative thoughts puts you in the mindset that things are going to go wrong, what you're doing isn't worth stopping to appreciate, and raises your stress in general without providing a solution to any problems The same day from a negative mindset is much worse than it is in a positive mindset.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
"When i text someone and they don't text me back ,I automatically assume that they fainted from excitement."
START LOVING Yourself
   FOR Everything THAT YOU ARE.
Negative thinking got me into a depressive funk that lasted for years, where I was afraid that nothing would work out for me. That being said, forcing positive thinking didn't help me to get out of it--often after beginning work or school and thinking, "This will be a good day," led to disappointment often and let me cycle back to negativity. I found that making the effort to better myself, mindfulness, and a kind of calmer acceptance of what would be and of my shortcomings rather than forcing myself to be upbeat, helped me to climb out of it. I think things like meditation and working on self improvement without overdoing it works better for overcoming negative thinking. I'm not too sure about the Law of Attraction science, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you thinking right now? ThatOneGuy 45,802 2,398,386 Yesterday, 06:42 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  what Positive things you did today ? pinocio 5 173 05-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Last Post: pinocio
Exclamation What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now? Skorian 5,821 357,309 05-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  Ever gone through an entire day thinking it was the wrong day of the week? Revengineer 49 13,460 04-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Meaw
  How often do you shed a tear thinking about yourself or longing for something? LastingPain 23 1,623 04-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Jack Rainier
  There is no such thing as positive eugenics there is no hope 37 2,629 07-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  Putting a positive slant on Valentine's Day Serenia 4 664 02-15-2015, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Serenia
  I'm thinking of getting a cell phone. johnny196775 31 7,994 12-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  Moving soon! Looking forward to positive thinking and self improvement! :) Tylor 6 6,726 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  I'm Thinking Of Creating A Thread Exclusive To Chess. What Do You Guys Think? LoneKiller 91 12,527 04-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: 9006