Social Intelligence (book)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacon

Reaction score
I've read quite a few threads on this board and there's definitely some common themes that keep arising. With that in mind, I'd like to recommend a book called “Social Intelligence”. I found this book at my local public library.

For those who want to learn the “why” behind their social issues, this book is a great place to start.

The book is very easy to read and explains how the social part of the brain gets wired (genetics, childhood, etc) and how that impacts our ability (or lack thereof) to create bonds with others as adults. There's definitely a science to it all.

From that book, I was able to learn some things that impacted me so I then found other books which went into greater detail about those specific areas. For example, there's a chapter called “Secure Base”. I could relate to what I read in there and went on to find books that delved more deeply into the human attachment system (the need for a secure base).

This is a great book and I highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Back