Mushy Mind

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey.

This is more of a moaning thread than anything else, just feel like I have to get out there what's going on.

I've lived with family for about two years, and although I get on great with them, I think we're just different. My aunt doesn't work and my cousin is home from work around 4 pm, after that, they just sit in front of the TV and watch complete rubbish for the rest of the **** day.

It's constant reality TV garbage and soaps, I'm not mega boring but I have no interest in what they watch. I like watching factual things, documentaries, discovery channel etc... I can't take it so I just sit on my laptop all day, but even having to listen to it makes me feel like my brain is turning to slush. I could go up to my room but I don't wanna feel ignorant.

Listening to some of the gossipy, pointless and idiotic programs really gets on my nerves and I almost wish the TV would expload!

Finished.

We have very similar tastes in tv shows (like documentaries, hate reality shows) so I can understand how it would get on your nerves. Can you wear earbuds and listen to stuff on your laptop to drown out the garbage tv?

Don't watch TV here. For me, it's the opposite of stimulating.
I used to watch documentaries, discovery, and the news if it happens to be on.

I like making fun of soap operas, if I'm in the same room.

I just get frustrated by what they watch sometimes; in fact, so much so, that it's a nice break when the adverts come on - that's saying something!

I don't mind the odd program they watch but it's relentless, feels like a drill on my skull. But it's all cool now - until next time!!

This seems like a case of "pet peeve". It doesn't have anything to do with you but you just find it annoying. stacking dishes 'wrong'. products not 'properly' put away. walking too loud. breathing too heavy. making funny noises. laughing 'obnoxiously'. and in your case, watching reality TV. nothing you can do but to ignore it, and express that you want no part in it (conversations/discussion topics).

9006 said:
I just get frustrated by what they watch sometimes; in fact, so much so, that it's a nice break when the adverts come on - that's saying something!

I don't mind the odd program they watch but it's relentless, feels like a drill on my skull. But it's all cool now - until next time!!

don't they ever ask you what you want on ?

give you a go ?

My Dad does that, he watches something he wants and then hands me the remote so I can watch something I want !

Latest posts

Back