well, hello. good to have found this site.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farawayfille

Reaction score
Hello, everybody! I'm Alyssa, and I'm 22 years old.

I am so glad I hAve found this site!! For the last couple of years, I've been going through some sort of quarter-life crisis, leading to bouts of loneliness and feelings of being very much like a lone wolf in various aspects of my life. :shy:

I didn't used to be this way. A couple of years ago, I was very outgoing and I had a lot of friends and acquaintances. But over time, I've kept very few people in my life, and most of the time I can't even connect with them! Agh!

So I thought I'd tell you guys what made me seek out this kind of forum... well, I'm heartbroken. I met a wonderful guy two years ago at a point in time where we both felt lonely and needed each other. I have this unhealthy tendency to have my world revolve around the object of affection, so when he started to have a part of his life that doesn't involve me, I fell apart. He's a well-adjusted person, and it's just unreasonable for me to ask him to devote all his attention to needy needy me.

I realize I have to lead a life of my own. But at this point, I don't know how to start!

Anyway, hi to everyone! :) I hope to meet very many wonderful people here!

Helllloooo.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Heey Alyssa, warm welcome to you!

You say you don't know where to start, but you're already here, that's a good start! I can really relate to what you say about your world revolving around the "object of affection" but i think it's really courageous of you to look at yourself and know that it can be quite unreasonable as well, my compliments for that!

Anyway, if you ever want to talk about anything at all, feel free to message me! I'm always willing to listen or talk. :)

Thanks for the welcome messages!:) I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Rosebolt said:
Heey Alyssa, warm welcome to you!

You say you don't know where to start, but you're already here, that's a good start! I can really relate to what you say about your world revolving around the "object of affection" but i think it's really courageous of you to look at yourself and know that it can be quite unreasonable as well, my compliments for that!

Anyway, if you ever want to talk about anything at all, feel free to message me! I'm always willing to listen or talk. :)

Aww, I appreciate this so much. Thank you! I will take your offer up to talk some time!

Great to hear! I hope you'll make some long-term good friends from here as I've done. :)

I think you will find your own life eventually. Talk to other people. Self-disclose. Let them in.

Oh wow, I've never thought of it that way. I always thought I let very few people in and get me, I just never thought that letting people in would lead me to having my own life. Thanks, this got me thinking.

Pleased to meet you, Alyssa! i`m also new here! and I find myself relating to you quite a bit. Mainly in the "needy" department.
That being said, we are of course different people, so i`m sure that everyone here can still benefit from each other`s experience.
Anyway... welcome to the forum! don`t worry. Your still young, and I believe that you will get over this :)

Latest posts

Back