Pictures from this weekend...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LonelyInAtl said:
[img=900x700]

[img=900x700]

[img=900x700]

[IMG=900x700]

Awesome pictures! Do you know the owner of the plane? IS IT YOU?!

I love the purple background. I know nothing about photography. How'd you do that? :)

I have another question, LonelyInAtl based on your past wonderful pictures of the stars and meteors, seems like you have an interest in Astronomy, so what planet can you see best without a telescope? :cool:

The bird is actually a Turkey Vulture according to a friend at work.

The purple background shouldn't really be purple, but I liked how it came out. I had the white balance set wrong on the camera and everything had a blue cast over it. I was correcting it in Photoshop and when I hit this it popped out at me so I left it with that cool background.

The photo of the Cessna was taken during takeoff at PDK. We were taking off on 2L and the Cessna from 2R. A buddy needed to get in some hours and invited me along for the ride to get some time in also and split the bill. He was at the controls during takeoff and I snapped this with my zoom lens.

I wish the Piaggio was mine (the last picture). It's about $7mil. Cruises at FL300 (30k feet) @ at 395kt (455mph). <DROOL>

And right now the easiest planet to see with the naked eye is Jupiter. From Georgia, it is just a tad south of west and about halfway up in the sky around 10pm. Easily the brightest object in the sky in that direction. Just to the right and below Jupiter is the star cluster known as The Pleiades, or The Seven Sisters. Just to the left and above is the star Aldebaran.

The Pleiades have an interesting place in ancient civilizations and are even believed to be mentioned in religious texts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades

LonelyInAtl said:

The purple background shouldn't really be purple, but I liked how it came out. I had the white balance set wrong on the camera and everything had a blue cast over it. I was correcting it in Photoshop and when I hit this it popped out at me so I left it with that cool background.

The photo of the Cessna was taken during takeoff at PDK. We were taking off on 2L and the Cessna from 2R. A buddy needed to get in some hours and invited me along for the ride to get some time in also and split the bill. He was at the controls during takeoff and I snapped this with my zoom lens.

I wish the Piaggio was mine (the last picture). It's about $7mil. Cruises at FL300 (30k feet) @ at 395kt (455mph). <DROOL>

And right now the easiest planet to see with the naked eye is Jupiter. From Georgia, it is just a tad south of west and about halfway up in the sky around 10pm. Easily the brightest object in the sky in that direction. Just to the right and below Jupiter is the star cluster known as The Pleiades, or The Seven Sisters. Just to the left and above is the star Aldebaran.

The Pleiades have an interesting place in ancient civilizations and are even believed to be mentioned in religious texts.

Thanks for the interesting reply!!! :)

LonelyInAtl said:

The planet you can see best without a telescope is Earth. Gotcha! :p

Latest posts

Back