2 Questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Just curious about a couple things.

1. Do the images in your Photobucket album take up much memory space possibly slowing your computer down? I have like 7 pages of images in mine.

2. I never use IE. I'm a Chrome guy. Is it safe to delete IE without it messing other things on my computer up?

Godspeed.
Jason

P.S. I just want to thank all of you who take the time to answer/read my questions. I'm learning a lot from you all.

Hi LoneKiller,

I'm not a tech person, just a computer user but I believe the photos you place in a photobucket are actually uploaded to an "off site" location; not in your computer. If you kept copies of those pics in your hard drive; they could take up quite a chunk of disk space, depending on the size of each pic and the number of pics you have.

For the browser, I use Chrome a lot too but I kept IE on stand by...some webpages load faster in IE. Don't ask me why :)

Anyway, hope this helps.

Hi LK. I'm not a pro at stuff like these but I do believe that it takes a bit of memory on your computer to load the images on your photobucket pages. Especially if they're large in size?

EDIT: I mean, just to load them might take up some memory (I think?), not saving them up in your computer drive.

Also, I don't think removing IE will mess up anything else. It just means you only have Chrome as your internet browser. Certain websites I find though don't work well with Chrome, but it is definitely faster than IE, I find.

That's all I know. :)

Hey,

Photobucket is stored online - there is no memory impact on your PC apart from the normal impact of browser use while you are currently viewing them (minimal). So if your PC is slow, it is not likely to be due to this. Check your C: drive size (via My Computer) to see what your locally stored stuff comes to. If you don't have more than 10% free space then it may be contributing to slowness.

And yes, uninstall IE, its an abomination ;) ... and no, it wont upset your system, just Bill Gates lol

Yo

Photobucket is just online storage, the only impact it'll have is when you view all your pics online, depending on your connection speed (and site options) of course, but not much of an issue these days.

Yeah you can remove IE, I don't use it either but I like to have the choice if I wanted to haha. It's actually not that bad now, (a lot better than what it used to be) but it's still not as efficient as other browsers, it tends to load pages in "real time" rather than waiting for the whole main body of a page like Chrome does, that way the page just appears rather than each object loading an the page jumping all over the place.

Also your safer using other browsers since IE is most commonly targeted for exploits an stuff like that.

...I'm rambling again :(

Latest posts

Back