Happy Ending

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
The following is not MY success story, but someone elses...

Im the office manager for an HVAC company. We deal with home builders and various other wealthy clients. This week, one of them came into the office with his fiancé. I had met them both before, and even had several conversations with the woman – some of them even on a more personal note. A long story short, they had actually gone to school together and sort of lost touch as adults due to marriages, etc. This woman’s husband died from cancer a few years ago and she had resigned herself to being alone. From our previous conversations, it seems that she felt she was better off alone due to the responsibility of being a parent to her two daughters. Also, as she loved her husband very much, she felt she wouldn’t be interested in being in a relationship (she’s like me, in her 40s and struggled to raise children as a single parent). She cared for her husband through twenty months of chemotherapy, a colostomy bag, the pain and suffering of a deteriorating body and finally, his death. She told me that she was very tired, mentally, physically and emotionally for several years after he died. I admire her for all she endured and how she managed to survive the emotional trauma.
On this most recent encounter with the couple, while her fiancé was talking to the owner of the company I work for, work was slow and I had a chance to strike up a conversation with her. I asked her how she and her fiancé happened to meet. She confided in me that neither of them were “looking” for someone when they chanced to run into one another about two years ago at a function (that I don’t recall). She said that they talked for a bit (he had known her late husband in school also) and he asked her if she’d like to have coffee sometime and catch up on things. She said that she was at ease with him since she’d known him since high school, so she gave him her phone number. Fast forward about two years and now they are engaged. I asked her how she knew it was the right time for her to move forward, especially when she previously considered remaining single. She said that her fiancé was an amazing man. She gushed about how he was an important part of her life and in her daughter’s lives and about how well he treated her and how loving and kind he was. She went into even further detail (which surprised me a bit) and told me how he had divorced at a young age (28 years ago) after a very short, ill-fated marriage. He said that, over the years, he had prayed to God to send someone wonderful into his life. Someone he could love and who could love him back. I had to wonder what he meant by someone who “could love him back.” He seems like a very kind person, always polite and has a kind word for everyone. I said as much and she went into a bit of detail about his first marriage. Apparently, he feels his physical appearance doesn’t lend itself to attracting women. He also has “family” money – quite a bit of it – and his first wife made no secret that she wanted him for what he could give her. Apparently, that stuck with him over the 28 years since his divorce and he didn’t trust that any woman would love him for him, and not for what he could give them. I guess I’d never paid much attention to their physical appearances, other than a cursory glance, but when she said that it made me look at them both a little closer. It’s true – he’s not the most attractive man on the face of the planet, though he is always well-groomed with a very neat appearance. I’d consider him an average-looking man, certainly not “ugly.” Then, I considered his fiancé. She’s a fairly attractive blonde with a sweet smile, but what I notice most about her is her openness and cheery disposition. On the surface, they look like a couple that some might try to stereotype – unattractive rich guy, with a lovely lady on his arm. Knowing them a little better than just from appearances, it’s clear to me that they have a real affection for one another and they’re quite happy together.
We chatted a bit more before they took their leave and she told me it was nice talking to me again. It made me wonder about the interworking of their relationship. I wondered if it had been difficult for him to accept that she liked him for who he was and if she ever considered that he might think she was with him for something other than love. I decided that, in the end, it didn’t really matter because they clearly have a deep and abiding love for one another and are quite comfortable together.
Earlier today, I found my thoughts straying to the two of them. They seem to have overcome a lot, including some personal insecurities, and still managed to find each other and a little happiness (even if it was later in life). I suddenly had hope.

I smiled.

lmao, I don't really expect many to read nor comment. I just felt like posting it. :p
But thanks for reading/replying. (hug)

Barf hvac

Was hoping to have some spank bank material after reading the title, sorely disappointed.

you could say I'm an HVAC Manager, you could also say I'm an astronaut, one may be true

Let's just say I can give an extensive tutorial on the principals of flame rectification and the exact prescribed methods to increase a flame signal from 0.9 DC-mV to 5.0 DC-mV to prevent soft lockouts due to trial for ignition errors.

bodafuko said:
Let's just say I can give an extensive tutorial on the principals of flame rectification and the exact prescribed methods to increase a flame signal from 0.9 DC-mV to 5.0 DC-mV to prevent soft lockouts due to trial for ignition errors.

Tech-speak. lmao :cool:

OOOORRRRRR

I could talk about kittens!

Like this one!

kitten.jpg

I can do office speak too. Like discussing whether or not to bill 1.25 or 1.50 FRH for an inducer motor changeout, or more, IF...it's in an attic...with spiders...

bodafuko said:
OOOORRRRRR

I can do office speak too. Like discussing whether or not to bill 1.25 or 1.50 FRH for an inducer motor changeout, or more, IF...it's in an attic...with spiders...

ORRRRR.....you can post more kitties. (goo)
Id rather see that than talk about work. So take your RCSLHM36A01 and put it where the sun doesn't shine. :D

More kittens!!! :club:

Limlim said:
I totally thought of a massage parlor when I saw this title.

LOL, Lim. Bite me.

The only place the sun don't shine is inside the cabinet of my 58MPV080--13112, cause it never breaks down! :p

bodafuko said:
The only place the sun don't shine is inside the cabinet of my 58MPV080--13112, cause it never breaks down! :p

lol, just that good, are ya? :p

EDIT: Im such an idiot. I can't ******* believe I didn't catch on to you sooner. :club:

EveWasFramed said:
bodafuko said:

lol, just that good, are ya? :p

EDIT: Im such an idiot. I can't ******* believe I didn't catch on to you sooner. :club:

You inspired me to go polish my thermocouple and adjust its position. The DC Microvoltage reading is better than it's been in ages. It had been resting comfortably at 18, but now it's a raging 30! Thanks ;)

Latest posts

Back