Broken home

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebolt

I'm not sure wether to post this in the diary section or on here, or perhaps not at all, i just need to vent...again. It will be written diary style though. Just a warning, some language in it.

My dad came in suddenly, with my sister, to talk, talk about the stuff going on here, going wrong.

My dad talking about how they (my stepmom and him, which i will reffer to as parents) did their best for us and that nothing was enough. My sis talking about how stupid some of the new rules are.

honeysuckle's so broken, accusations thrown around everywhere, no one in here seems to be able to look in the mirror and open their goddamn eyes.

I love my sis, i love her so much. What she has to go through in here, i wouldn't really call it abuse, but it wouldn't surprise me much if she ended up commiting goddamn suicide because of it.

She does so much wrong, even when she does something right. Interrogations at dinner. But she somehow endures still, she still talks to my parents, tells them when she will be going out even though she knows she'll be interrogated into oblivion. She still does, and then the answer is, you should've told us earlier, you know you're not allowed to go out during the week. But it was just a dinner with some colleges. Innocent. My parents experienced no social stuff whatsoever with me, i didn't do much. Now they have a socially healthy daughter, and they stop. All for the good of the family. To make it all better.

But really it's just to make us "better." No form of self reflection at all can be spotted in two individuals of ******* 50 years old! What have you been doing with your life if you can't even do that?! I know i can, i've seen things, i've learned stuff, and i'm sure you have too, but you can't do even that?

You blame my sister because your relationship with my father is falling apart? You blame an external source for that? A ******* child? Are you insane? What madness possesses you?

Alright, calm down rose, calm down. I managed to arrange we talk with the four of us, i will prepare for it and show them how stuff really is in here.

That is all.

*hugs*

You just hang in there and keep yourself cool. I believe in you, Rosebolt.

I got that as a kid. My parents wanted to blame us for everything. I even remember my father coming in the room one day when we were teenagers, and telling us "It's because of YOU kids we're getting a divorce."

Not mention all the other abuse.

All I have to say is, that honeysuckle fucks you up for life. Try as you might to get over it, it eats at a part of you, and you spend your life questioning your self worth. I know I should rise above that, and at times I have. But it's always there, like a monkey on your back.

ThisSideOfTheRainbow said:
I got that as a kid. My parents wanted to blame us for everything. I even remember my father coming in the room one day when we were teenagers, and telling us "It's because of YOU kids we're getting a divorce."

Not mention all the other abuse.

All I have to say is, that honeysuckle fucks you up for life. Try as you might to get over it, it eats at a part of you, and you spend your life questioning your self worth. I know I should rise above that, and at times I have. But it's always there, like a monkey on your back.

It fucks up your life but you get to choose how to deal with it and how it affects your life, right?

I've got my own share of abuse. The memories remain and the hurt's still there. But over time, I've learnt how to deal with it and the effects of it on my life. It's all about controlling the monkey on your back, right? Even though it'll always cling on to your back. Kinda like having to tame it.

My parents didn't blame us for their problems, but they still managed to ingrain a lot of self-loathing and other weird honeysuckle in us. My two oldest siblings were able to move out before the worst started, but my brother and I were stuck at home. I feel you.

Latest posts

Back