Other countries?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8aboi

Reaction score
Hallo...im from south africa and i know afrikaans and english...i live in australia

What country are you guys from?what languages do you know?and have you ever moved to a different country? :)

I'm from Bulgaria, I lived for 6 years in USA.
I speak Bulgarian, English and a little German.

I am from the US and live in Norway. I've been to or lived in about 19 countries. I speak English, I'm learning Norwegian and I speak Serbian poorly.

Wow awesome languages...ahh i wish i could speak spanish or italian...that would be sick...

Haha die crime in suid afrika is baie hoog,so ons moes maar trek...waar bly jy syber tiger?
(the crime in south africa is very high,so we had to move,where do you live syber tiger?)

That language looks so hard :O

I am only really fluent in English. I've only ever lived in different places around the Unites States.

Sk8aboi said:
Hallo...im from south africa and i know afrikaans and english...i live in australia

What country are you guys from?what languages do you know?and have you ever moved to a different country? :)

i'm from America. i speak English. i understand Urdu but don't know how to speak it lol

Barbaloot said:
I am from the US and live in Norway. I've been to or lived in about 19 countries. I speak English, I'm learning Norwegian and I speak Serbian poorly.

lived in 19 countries!?? wow that's amazing!!! :O what countries have you lived in?

Sk8aboi said:
Wow awesome languages...ahh i wish i could speak spanish or italian...that would be sick...

Haha die crime in suid afrika is baie hoog,so ons moes maar trek...waar bly jy syber tiger?
(the crime in south africa is very high,so we had to move,where do you live syber tiger?)

ja ja crime is ma kak hier

ek is in die wes kaap?

waar was jy toe jy in sa was?

I have nothing of value to add to this, but as a dutch guy reading South African is really hilarious, it's like reading leet speak as a native english guy, just as a comparison.

No offense to your language of course, i don't mean it like that. :p

Hahaa rosebolt...for us it is the same...dutch is surprisingly similar to afrikaans and i can sometimes make out what some words is....but yes dutch is also quite funny to read...but a cool language.. :)

Syber tiger, ek was in pretoria :) baie lekker plek daai..ek was al in die kaap.bAie awesome
(syber tiger,i lived in pretoria :) very nice place to live in...i was also in cape town which was really awesome)

Misanthrope23 said:
...i have no idea what you guys are saying.

Ok :) ive edited my messages so you can see what i sent...its right below the afrikaans messages in brackets if you cant find it ;D

Hi. Another Afrikaans speaking South African (Western Cape) here. Always nice to talk to new people, especially when you know there's a shared connection, whether that is language, country, or topic.

I am from America and I speak English and some russi
Ya iz Ameriki. Ya govoriu po angliyski i znayu po russki yazik.

Sk8aboi said:

I'm from the boring UK, I had a good friend from South Africa though, he knew afrikaans.

9006 said:
Sk8aboi said:

I'm from the boring UK, I had a good friend from South Africa though, he knew afrikaans.

Then its time you come for a visit and learn first hand what that thing called sunshine is :)

I'm from Norway.
The languages I know are Norwegian and English.
Never lived outside Norway unless you count Svalbard as a separate country.

Latest posts

Back