New and Awkward. Hurray!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenbird

Hi there. Not totally sure how to lead-in here but I'll try my best.

I'm a 24 year old female from the United States. It's hard for me to meet new people because of my anxiety. The relationships I do have are maybe not the healthiest or the most satisfying. I've been feeling lonely for a while now but have always been too afraid to reach out to someone. It's getting to the point where I'd rather put myself out there to look like an ass than continue on with the way things are going.

So, I came to this site hoping to meet a supportive group of people to bond with and if I can help another person then all the better. I've never joined a forum before so if I commit some heinous faux pas like typing 'fart' way too much feel free to take me aside and smack me with a newspaper until I quit it. This method has proved effective in the past. Although the funny pages got a lot less fun.

Yikes, sorry. I make dumb jokes when I'm nervous. ...Fart.

Heey there, no need to be nervous! The people here including myself are not ones to judge, that's for the outside world! It's good of you to have found this site and managed to post a thread.

If you every want to talk about anything at all, or just need to vent something that happaned in your life, do not hesitate to message me! I'm always willing to listen or talk!

Oh, and a warm welcome to the forum to you! :)

Thanks and nice to meet you guys! I admit my nerves were doing the wacky after I first posted and the warm welcome definitely made me feel better about joining the site. If everyone were this cool then I wouldn't have to worry everytime I poked my head out of my shell.

painter said:
Anxiety is a ************.

Welcome to the forum, fartypants!

The fartypants made me smile. :D

9006 said:
Welcome to the forum.

Chandler Bing? haha

Ha, ha. Infinitely less funny but pretty much the same defense mechanism. And hey, my father doesn't even do drag. That I know of anyway. I like your picture by the way. "I'll show ye."

Welcome. Im still new but everyone ive spoken to has been great! Sorry typing this on a bus using a small ickle keyboard and big fingers!

9006 said:
Welcome to the forum.

Chandler Bing? haha

Ha, ha. Infinitely less funny but pretty much the same defense mechanism. And hey, my father doesn't even do drag. That I know of anyway. I like your picture by the way. "I'll show ye."

Chandlers humor is the best, I'm similar, but not as funny!

9006 said:
9006 said:
Welcome to the forum.

Chandler Bing? haha

Chandlers humor is the best, I'm similar, but not as funny!

Ahhh Friends fans!!! Can we be fast friends?!

Chandler-chandler-bing-32087412-500-561.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32000000/Chandler-chandler-bing-32087412-500-561.jpg

Hehe : ) Welcome to the forum and all the best :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back