So my co-worker gets himself a girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermillion Sky

Reaction score
And stops talking to me.

..Awesome.

That leaves just my mom left as far as people close to me are concerned. And I can't talk her much.

This silence/reluctance to speak me went on for 3 months. And last night, I finally got tired of it. I don't know why people feel that once they have someone, they don't need anyone else..

When I had someone, I didn't abandon him when his previous ex ran out on him with some other dude, and he fell on hard times.

Well, my life is emptying out.

When guys meet a girl, naturally they neglect mates, but this is more when they're young. I don't know what the general age is of all persons involved.

Sometimes the girls they get with control them in certain ways, it happened when I was younger and my girlfriend didn't like me seeing one of my mates and I ended up avoiding him - this was an immature "relationship". But sometimes it's because the new girl has something against you? So naturally doesn't want her fella speaking to you either.

Or possibly he just loves her and wants to spend time with her. This happens, and it sucks, but it happens. We complain about these things but often end up doing them ourselves at some point. Can't go through life without hurting a few people along the way. We can try to be considerate but just need to do our own thing sometimes. Whatever the reason, you need more people you can talk to, so you're not putting all your attention into just one person. I currently have a similar issue and really need more people in my life.

99% of the male population are a bunch of pathetic jerkoffs that go absolutely insane when they get the attention of a woman. Everything else ceases to exist. It's pathetic. He'll grow out of it ... hopefully.

I've had so many people ignore me after starting relationships, I've lost count. I've pretty much given up on people. I can't even get people to simply chat with me here let alone be "friends".

People only want to maintain a friendship when it's convenient for them.

Yes, people are users. Even the most benign among us is serving the self when observed closely. If I were to lay my life on the line for someone in need (the most valiant deed?), would I be doing it out of honor or would I be doing it to "feel honorable"? See that subtle shift toward self-centeredness?

Thanks for the replies, though I have to disagree with bodafuko. I'm that 1%. Mostly all I had to worry about in my previous relationships, was people on the outside getting in the way. But I never lost sight of my friends, haha I say that like I still have some =/. I guess it depends on the guy.. some are easily controlled..

And Mystery_Man, I've learned that the best friendships are those that form on their own. Thus, I don't go out trying to make friends. It hasn't worked out. So I just wait.

Anyway, I have to deal with this at work, thats the hard part.

One woman at the store, I used to confide to about this, said I could always talk to her, so I think I'm gonna take her up on that..

I am training my mind to be strong against things that make me feel bad(such as my current ongoing loneliness and unfair exclusion from social situations), and it's been working for about a month, but training my mind to deal with silence, or silence in general, from someone I used to talk alot with is really difficult.

Vermillion Sky said:
Thanks for the replies, though I have to disagree with bodafuko. I'm that 1%. Mostly all I had to worry about in my previous relationships, was people on the outside getting in the way. But I never lost sight of my friends, haha I say that like I still have some =/. I guess it depends on the guy.. some are easily controlled..

And Mystery_Man, I've learned that the best friendships are those that form on their own. Thus, I don't go out trying to make friends. It hasn't worked out. So I just wait.

Anyway, I have to deal with this at work, thats the hard part.

One woman at the store, I used to confide to about this, said I could always talk to her, so I think I'm gonna take her up on that..

I am training my mind to be strong against things that make me feel bad(such as my current ongoing loneliness and unfair exclusion from social situations), and it's been working for about a month, but training my mind to deal with silence, or silence in general, from someone I used to talk alot with is really difficult.

yes go and talk to the woman at the store. She didn't have to say what she did.

this has happened to me with a "freind" of mine...i rarely talk to him now cause of his now fiance...she never liked me from the get go ...now he wants me to b his best man...but i dont know how i feel about that specailly cause of his girl

Ignore the girl. Continue your friendship. Do not concern yourself with the opinions of th girl, but rather focus on your friendship.

This is how I deal with competitive schoolmates. I tell myself just to worry about what I am doing, not what they're doing.

bodafuko said:
Yes, people are users. Even the most benign among us is serving the self when observed closely. If I were to lay my life on the line for someone in need (the most valiant deed?), would I be doing it out of honor or would I be doing it to "feel honorable"? See that subtle shift toward self-centeredness?

I don't think doing it for the self reward matters as long as the person is doing good.

Maybe it's just temporary. He's infatuated with his girl, but eventually he will remember his friends. Hang in there.

Latest posts

Back